Lawn mower question

• turk802
    Twin Cities

I have a Toro lawnmower that starts fine, but while it is running, the motor pulsates alot. I replaced the plug and air filter and it didn’t help – it still works, but sounds bad. Thanks for any help in advance.
    Turk

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

sounds like a problem with the fuel, such as the fuel filter

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

You may want to check the air filter as well…My mower was doing the same thing this year when i first started it…checked the air filter…wasnt all too bad but cleaned it and it ran good after that…good luck jay

eddielee
    Dubuque, Iowa

You might try regular unleaded gas. Mine does not like ethanol.
    Paul

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

The carburator need to be cleaned. Take it off the gas tank and clean it with a carb. cleaner I recommend a spray type cleaner.Depending on your model some dissasembly of jets and fuel bowls should be sprayed out also. Rinse the old gas out of the tank with fresh gas and replace the fuel filter and fill with fresh fuel.

DONOTDELETE

Try some Sea Foam in the gas. It has worked for me on occasion.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My folks bought a Toro probably 10 years ago, and the motor pulsed from the beginning. We took it in and they never found anything wrong with it. Still runs and starts fine, just sounds a little funny.

turk802
    Twin Cities

Thanks everybody – I did buy the new air filter – it’s kind of weird – they say to saturate it with clean oil first – can someone explain this??? I will try to clean the carbs tonight.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Thanks everybody – I did buy the new air filter – it’s kind of weird – they say to saturate it with clean oil first – can someone explain this??? I will try to clean the carbs tonight.

The oil is what traps the dust. Without it very fine particles will get into your system.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

“pulsates”? Interesting choice of words. It sounds to me like your governor needs to be adjusted. Clean the carburetor, and then adjust the governor. Good luck.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.