New fur-babies

• Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

Buckshot and I both love animals, and because of our frequent weekend long fishing trips, a dog didn’t seem like a good way to go (not to mention he would have to double as a hunting dog, and I wasn’t all over the idea of a big dog in the house). So, a cat seemed the way to go – Buckshot grew up with and loves cats, and I suppose they are kind of cute.
    Alright, so Tuesday we saw some kittens on the Humane Society page, and called….. they were long gone, but we decided to check out some of the cats there. We played for about two hours with several of them, and just didn’t really fall head over heels in love with any of them. On our way out we asked about kittens, and they said kittens went right away. She told us that people line up before they are open to get them. So, we figured a kitten was out for us until summer when they get litter upon litter in of them. Yesterday, I went out on the page to see what was out there, and there was this kitten – 8 weeks old, and SOOO adorable. She’s long gone I figured and shut down the internet. 2 hours later Buckshot calls me at work…. “Have you been on the HS page?? There is the cutest kitten out there…. I wonder how long she lasted?” I told him I was sure she was gone, but he asked me to call anyway. Long story short…. “Speedo” was still there, AND “Speedo” has a sister….. Buckshot couldn’t bear to seperate the two playmates, and so now we have two brand new fur babies at our house.
    The HS called them Speedo and Shy, but we don’t like “Shy” at all (mostly because she’s not), and I think “Speedo” is a boy name. Any good fishing/hunting name ideas??

This is one…..

Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

Another

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

2 kittens are a poor substitute for 1 hunting dog.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I love cats also….nothing goes better with beer then a cat.

congrats on the new pets. They look like alot of fun.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I gotta talk to this boy. CATS!!!! UGH!! They sure are cute at that age though.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Why do people hunt pheasants? Cats can’t fly.

jldii

Looks like it’d make a good muskie bait! Maybe add a silver or orange tag on the collar for some flash.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Don’t forget to put little pieces of scotch tape on their paws……….

Or

trim the whiskers!!!!!!!!!

JUST KIDDING!

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Since there are 2 you could make a pair of slippera

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

It was a suprise when I got there to find 2 of them…their website only indicated that there was 1. At any rate I called my mom to have her meet me there for a second opinion since Heidi couldn’t make it. We took them into one of the visitation rooms and they were absolutely hilarious rolling around and chasing each other. At that point I kinda knew it was a done deal…so my mom ran back to their place and grabbed their pet carrier while I stayed and played with them. My mom got back and we held them for a bit and put them down…only took about 30 seconds before 1 was in the carrier on her own..the other jumped off my lap and went right in…they wrestled for a couple minutes and promptly fell asleep curled up together.
    I figured that was a sign….besides…who am I to break up sisters that look like they enjoyed each other so much.

I got them home and they were out and about right away checking stuff and chasing each other around.

I know there are probably more dog lovers here on IDA than cat lovers…..but really…isn’t that kinda like saying all I do is fish for bass(walleye, musky)…you are missing out on on a lot of fun.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

I know there are probably more dog lovers here on IDA than cat lovers…..but really…isn’t that kinda like saying all I do is fish for bass(walleye, musky)…you are missing out on on a lot of fun.

Yep…..it’s the Ford and Chevy thing……
    I’ve had a couple of damn good dogs……
    Cat’s just have a GREAT attitude (to me)!!!
    More power to ya Buckshot…especially for getting them from the shelter…..
    There is a bunch of dogs that could be “rescued” too

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Good call on the shelter deal Brat and Buckshot

You have a nice lookin’ pair of kittens there

warrenmn
    Minnesota

Just cause you got cats don’t mean you can’t have dogs.

WarrenMN

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Got the names figured out last night…..
    Piper – blue collar
    Gabby – red collar

They are really settling in, last night they were running all over playing with us and each other it was so fun to watch them together….just like little kids run wide open until they hit the wall…then sleep.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

After years of me refusing to have a cat in the house, the wife and kids pulled a quick one on me while I was out of town. When I came home, I was not thrilled to see a black cat running around the house. As much as I wanted to not like the cat, it didn’t happen. Nala spends more time on my lap purring than anybody else in the house. We have become pretty good buddies Cats aren’t all that bad

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.