Looking for resort for family vacation

• upnorthwi

We’re looking for a resort to take the extended family to for summer vacation. Ideally would have sand beach for little kids,(toddlers) besides good fishing lake! Would prefer within 3 hours of Twin Cities, in Minnesota or Wisconsin.

Any referrals or info on websites would be appreciated. Thanks.

fishnhard72
    Ankeny, IA

Big Sauk Resort in Sauk Centre Minnesota near st cloud and alexandria great for big bass, crappie, plate size gills, and real nice pike

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Call the Cass County (Minnesota…) Chamber of Commerce to get resort information about this beautiful area that is LOADED with wonderful resorts. Woman lake near Longville is always a great choice with nice resorts. I have a cabin up there on a smaller lake and strongly recommend this area for family fun!

jboecker
    Illinois

I believe Hayward, WI. is right around 3 hours from the cities, correct? If so, I strongly recommend Totem Pole Lodge on Lost Land Lake. Great activities for kids and a nice sand beach like you mentioned. Lost Land is part of a two lake chain connected by a channel. Speed restrictions on the lakes so no wave-runners or ski-boats to worry about. The owners, Mike and Mimi Anderson, are good people to deal with as well.

Hope this helps.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Check out Explore Minnesota .

You can select different regions of the state, and then look at the resort’s website. It helped us find a resort up near Winnie for the July 4th holiday. There are so many resorts in this state, you’re on the right track asking for suggestions. Good luck.

Lars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.