minnesota regulations 2007

• hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Is it true that the mdnr changed the possession limits for 2007? in other words if you launch in Minn.you’re only allowed a one day possession limit, where as if you launch in Wis. you are allowed a 2 day possession limit. Thank you in anvance. Hairjig

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The Minnesota regs are not changed. Not sure about Wisconsin.

-J.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

In minnesota your daily limit is your poseesion limit I believe.. havent looked for a while.

bigdawg

I was just reading on page 4 of the 2007 MN regs and your daily bag limit & possession limit are the same “for most species of fish”. “Inland limit on yellow perch” are an exception. Also, it wouldn’t matter what side of the river you launch your boat from, your bag/pos limit is determined by the state in which you maintain your permanent residence. I checked into this with a friend of mine who works for the DNR in Eau Claire WI. I had a question about buying a WI non-resident license so I could take advantage of Wisconsin’s 25 fish limit on sunnies in Pool 5. Mn has a 10 fish limit in Pools 5, 5a, and 8. Even if I had the WI non-res license I could only take Mn’s 10 fish limit.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors bigdawg!!!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Welcome BigDawg!!!

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Hey guys, Thanks for the input, It’s nice to know that sites like IDA exist.Let’s all pray for this crappy weather to exit, I’m ready for spring and the river beckons. Good Hooksets ! Hairjig

RiverRat101189
    il River Starved Rock

Did I also hear the rumor of 2 poles per person? I dont see why not because whats it matter on how long it takes to get your limit just as long as you get it

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

There have been efforts the last year or two to change MN state law to allow 2 lines per angler in open water.
    There is going to be (or has been already) a bill introduced again this year to allow two lines.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.