LakeMaster wants your input

• matt_grow
    Albertville MN

With our broad audience of members, LakeMaster wants your input on what is to come of future data. I know we’ve recently seen an influx of members from various states such as Iowa, and Nebraska and so on. LakeMaster is interested in what lakes you want surveyed with LakeMaster’s great detail. So heres your chance to speak up and be heard. I encourage everyone to look in the regional forums for the posts to reply to.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Would like a High-Def done of Clearwater!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Would like a High-Def done of Clearwater!

I assume you mean 1 foot contours. LakeMaster already has it done in 3 foot contours.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Really? didn’t know that. I didn’t see that lake as one of them. thanks

KirtH
    Lakeville

Sakatah by Faribault, MN

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Sakatah by Faribault, MN

Could you find the county and post it in the MN general forum?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Green Lake, Kandiyohi County in 1 ft. contours.
    East and West Rush Lake
    Lake Shetek, Murray County
    Green Lake, Isanti County

My chip is 2 years old, so some of this might be done already.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Matt- I want EVERY lake in Iowa done for me…is that a possibility??

If not I would settle for:

Lake Macbride, Johnson County, Iowa
    Coralville Reservoir, Johnson County, Iowa
    Big Creek (Des Moines Area)
    Three Mile (Des Moines Area)
    Brushy Creek (Des Moines Area)
    Saylorville (Des Moines Area)
    Lake Red Rock (Des Moines Area)
    Clear Lake (Clear Lake, Iowa)

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Sorry Luke, they dont have time to survey gravel pits and pot holes.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry Luke, they dont have time to survey gravel pits and pot holes.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Listen here both of you…

As I remember Derek…weren’t you calling me “walleye Jedi” a few weeks back…?

oh and….You would be suprised how many ten lbs plus sow walleyes we can pull out of Iowa pot holes…just watch out for the cars..

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Let’s try South Dakota…at least those popular ones in the NE Glacial corner…like Enemy Swim, Day County. Waybay, also Day County and Lynn..right next door to Webster. There are several others but these 3 are the bigger ones in that region. Thanks

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I forgot to mention Lake Zumbro, Olmsted and Wabasha Counties, Minnesota.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I second that

Navionics has it

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Matt….do we have LOW on the new chip? Sorry just have not checked LOW out yet!

one thing that might benefit some folks is idenifing the stuctures in the lake such as rock, sand, mud, weeds etc!

Its difficult to make it any better other than adding new lakes or changing them from 3 foot contours to 1 foot.

col._klink
    St Paul

I agree with Bobber. If we could have the chip show a general area of rocks,sand,etc………….

bradcegla

Hi Def of lobster lake in douglas county, and a 3′ one of perkins lake in stevens county. that would be great, i own the 2007 chip and those are the only lakes i fish that are not as detailed as i would like them to be.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Yes PLEASE. THANKS, Bill

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Matt, I know Lakemaster is designed for Lakes, but do you know if they intend to update the base map that is included with the chip!

Thanks!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Matt, I know Lakemaster is designed for Lakes, but do you know if they intend to update the base map that is included with the chip!

Thanks!

No plans on doing that yet, Why?,….did they miss a new housing development on it???

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

To everyone who’s been responding in the State Forums,….Thank you guys. Remember your input is essential to make a product that is the best. Take advantge of this. Mike Wood, Jeff Hedlund and the boys at lakemaster are watching all the input you’re giving daily here on the forums.

Even if someone already requested a lake, make sure you post again that you want it too

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Maybe some of the city lakes like Calhoun and Harriet. Also Prior Lake in Scott county would be nice.

machine

More detailed maps of the Canadian border waters, Kab, Sand Point, Nam, etc.

Also, please come up with an exchange program. I am willing to have to buy a new one every year or so, but then I don’t want to spend all kinds of time trying to find someone who wants to buy my old one.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

More detailed maps of the Canadian border waters, Kab, Sand Point, Nam, etc.

Also, please come up with an exchange program. I am willing to have to buy a new one every year or so, but then I don’t want to spend all kinds of time trying to find someone who wants to buy my old one.

Same here!

kurtkid
    South metro

Matt, I would like a recargeable battery cell. Like a cell phone but that would last longer.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Matt, I would like a recargeable battery cell. Like a cell phone but that would last longer.

And make sure its 110 volts.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Quote:

Quote:

——————————————————————————–

And make sure its 110 volts.

PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE

machine

Definitely increasing battery life is a top priority in overall performance, but has little to do with the lakes being surveyed. I’d buy a new one if there was a way to increase battery life.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

The battery issues have nothing to do with LakeMaster. I can give you the contacts to Lowrance though.

moccasinboy2003

Hi guys,
    Thanks, Matt for starting this thread. Trust me, these suggestions are definitely a factor in our survey decisions. In fact, many of the lakes/rivers mentioned are either on the drawing board or already ‘in the can’ waiting for production. Our survey team is continuously adding to our lake inventory. Some general responses:
    1. Clearwater, Pokegema (Itasca), Woman, and Green (Kandiyohi) are already in High Defintion on the most recent chip, though not necessarily 1 ft. contours
    2. 1 ft. vs. 3 ft: We make that call based upon the characteristics of the particular lake. Sometimes you can get too much info. 6″ works on URL, 3′ is best on Winnie
    3. Structure: in fact we are adding more detail but only above the surface stuff. Technology may, in the future, allow us to show bottom structure in focused areas of the lake.
    4. Base map data is supplied by Lowrance or Garmin and not in our control
    5. Upgrades. Lowrance and Garmin produce the MN, WI, & MI chips and they choose not to offer upgrades, but the price has stayed the same for several years. LakeMaster produces the LOW & Devils Lake chip, and upgrades are available from us as new data is added to those chips.

Steve @ LakeMaster

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.