IDA Summer Get-Together 2007! June 22-24 Pool 4

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Announcing the 2007 IDA Summer Get-Together!

IDA Summer GTG 2007

Everts Resort, June 22-24

http://www.evertsfishingresort.com

>>> Driving Directions to Everts Resort <<<

Friday, June 22 the (Anglers are Role Models) ARM Event will be managed by Dean Marshall and volunteers. It will end at 4pm. We’ll need 50+ boaters for the event. Please contact Dean Marshall at Everts if you’re interested in helping with ARM. We’ll have 50+ children and their Big Brothers/Big Sisters who need you to make this event a success.

Friday night, June 22nd:

There are no planned activities for Friday night. In the past, people have used this as a time to fish, eat, drink, chat, play poker, sit around the camp fire, etc. Shade tents and tables will be set up for use.

Saturday, June 23rd.

Saturday morning, the “fishing contest” will begin and run until about 3pm. Lunch is on your own. IDA staff will be available to weigh-in fish throughout the day. There will be prizes for the heaviest fish in each category.

One of our IDA sponsors, Liberty’s Restaurant in Redwing delivers to the docks of Redwing and to Everts without a delivery fee. Menu and prices can be found at http://www.libertysonline.com . The food is GOOD and the service is honestly some of the best I’ve experienced (and I am not just saying that because they sponsor the site, trust me!).

Between 3pm and 5:30pm…

From approximately 3:30pm to 4:30pm, we’ll hand out prizes and announce the winners of the fishing contest. We’ll have prizes for the fishing contest winners, and we’ll also have door prizes. The winners of the door prizes will be drawn at random.

From approximately 4:30pm to 5:30pm, James Holst will provide a seminar on Seasonal Fishing Tactics. The presentation will include key tips for fishing Pool 4 in late June.

About 5:30 or 6pm (after the seminar), we’ll begin the line up for the fish fry. Fresh walleye and side dishes will be on the menu. We will also have plenty of brats, burgers, and hot dogs available for dinner.

After dinner will again be open for people to fish, socialize, play poker, etc.

Sunday, people are welcome to fish or relax at the campground. Checkout will be about noon.

Price: $75 per person for the weekend. This fee covers TWO nights lodging (Friday and Saturday night, June 22nd to June 24th), dinner Saturday night, beverages (Adult beverages, pop, and water. There will be a reasonable amount of beverage on hand but you may want to bring more for yourself.), a one hour seminar on Seasonal Fishing Tactics by James Holst, Entry into the fishing contest, prize drawings/door prizes, use of Everts launch/docks.

Note that you are reserving a bed, not a cabin. We want to accommodate as many people as possible. If you have two or more in your party we will try to place you in the same cabin. You will need to reserve your lodging early!

Bring Sleeping Bags and Towels

Cabins will be non-smoking for this event. Please smoke outside.

Lodging

To sign up for lodging email Dean at Everts Resort at [email protected] . Payment is required to secure your spot. You can pay Dean Marshall at Everts via check or money order. Payment is required within one week of making your reservation or your spot will be forfeited and made available to others.

Please send payment in the form of check or money order to:

Everts Resort

N1705 860th St.

Hager City, WI 54014

Purchasing Get-Together Passes

GTG Fee for those NOT lodging at Everts is $10 per person in advance, $15 per person after June 1st. This fee covers dinner Saturday night, beverages (Adult beverages, pop, and water. There will be a reasonable amount on hand but you may choose to bring more for yourself), a one hour seminar on Seasonal Fishing Tactics by James Holst, entry into the fishing contest, prize drawings/door prizes, use of Everts Launch/docks, use of Everts campground. You can pay at In-Depthangling.com via paypal or credit card at the link below:

>>> Click Here to purchase your passes for the 2007 Summer Get-together! <<<

Or, you can send a check to:

In-Depthangling

5960 Oliver Ave. S.

Minneapolis, MN 55419

IDA will send you a confirmation and your guest passes by mail. Please keep your guest passes. They will also be used as entry into the fishing contest, for dinner, and for entry into the prize drawing.

Again, this fee is for those not lodging at Everts. If you are lodging at Everts, your fee is already included.

Lodging at Everts – Cabin Status

Note: Cabin #3 will be set aside as a “couples cabin” initially. Please reserve early.

Payment is required within one week of making reservation. Your reservation is not secured without payment and your spot will be made available to others.

Please send payment in the form of check or money order to:

Everts Resort

N1705 860th St.

Hager City, WI 54014

Email: [email protected]

Dean would appreciate it if you would email him to reserve your spot and send payment via mail.

Cabin #8: 8 people (7 single beds, 1 double bed)

Erick Anderson

Jeff Coe

Cabin #4: 9 people (7 singles and 2 double beds)

Jon Jordon

Dean Ross

Scott Steil

Micah

Kooty

Andy Craig

Wade Kuehl

Mike W.

Cabin #3: 5-7 people (3 singles and 2 double beds) Couples Cabin

Cabin #2: 8 people (7 singles and 1 double bed)

Mary “fishing machine” (3 people) …Camper

If you have any questions please post them here or PM Wade Kuehl or Dean Marshall.

We look forward to a successful and fun-filled 2007 Get-Together!

AGM
    Lake City, MN

Hay this looks and sounds like a fishermans dream of a weekend.I have partipitated in the ARM event the last two years,wouldn’t miss it.Also looking forward to James Holst seminar,he is truely a gifted teacher.Everts is a great place to hold this event,in my opinion it is one of the only fishing encampments left around these parts.
    Glassman

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

This event sure sounds like fun, but I’ll have to pass this year. Thats the same weekend as our father & son camping trip to Lake of the Woods.

Have a great event.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ll be there both days….although I’m a little disappointed that James isn’t giving a catfishing tip seminar…the rest will be a hoot!

For the newer folks to IDA, check out the ARM Forum down the list of forums. Read what ARM is all about, you’ll see how big a smile your time can bring!

Not framilar with P4 fishing? There will be pleanty of people there…experts…that will be helping you get on fish. This is a great time to expand your fishing into new waters with tips from the pros!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

One of our IDA sponsors, Liberty’s Restaurant in Redwing delivers to the docks of Redwing and to Everts without a delivery fee. Menu and prices can be found at http://www.libertysonline.com . The food is GOOD and the service is honestly some of the best I’ve experienced (and I am not just saying that because they sponsor the site, trust me!).

I added the above information to the announcement. Any of you who have eaten there know what I mean.

I’ll be at Everts that whole weekend. It’s going to be a great time. We decided to go with an earlier date this year to avoid the high heat. The fishing should be incredible. There will be several IDA staffers on hand to provide tips for getting on all fish, including bass, walleye, and catfish. The seminar by James Holst is worth the price of admission alone. With the money we collect, we plan to put on a great event.

For those of you who haven’t been to a GTG in the past, the day events are family friendly. If you plan to bring children I’d like to know. I’d like to have something planned for the kids to enjoy during the day and it will help me a lot if I know how many we’ll have.

The evening tends to be adult fun time with folks sitting around the camp fire or playing cards.

As always, we’ll have some excellent prizes to give away. We’ll have prizes for the fishing contest and door prizes where the winners will be chosen at random. The fishing contest itself is very casual. Prizes will be awarded for the top fish in each category. We’d also like to get some “eaters” for the fish fry if anyone wants to donate part of their catch to the group. Dean will be on hand to get the fillets on ice.

If there are any questions, feel free to post them.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I’m not very familiar with Everts… I take it that camping is an option? I’ll be down there on Friday for the ARM event and may just pack the tent if there are spots to pitch one. How about bathroom/shower facilities for campers?

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I brought the family to last years GTG & they had a blast, even though it was 90+ out side.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I WILL be there for the ARM event to help out. Still working on the GTG afterwords. All depends on the horse shows that weekend and if I can get away.

If anything else, and you can’t make an entire weekend out of it, at least get out there on Friday to help out with the ARM event!!!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I will be there for the weekend will suply all the jager for the weekend in our cabin oh and maybe fish some too

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I take it that camping is an option? I’ll be down there on Friday for the ARM event and may just pack the tent if there are spots to pitch one. How about bathroom/shower facilities for campers?

There is camping sites along with public showers and restrooms.

I think it was last year someone had a tent pitched on the beach!

Check in with Dean as I’m not sure how many spots are left.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

that is one of the main reasons the wife won’t bring the kids back down there for the GTG is that there is nothing for the kids to do unless you are out in the boat. so what events are you planning to do for the kids??

shane

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

Check in with Dean as I’m not sure how many spots are left.

Sent an email to the ‘info’ link posted above… may end up being a last-minute decision so I may be left with sleeping on the boat!

redneck
    Rosemount

Shane,
    You can’t tell me your little guys wouldn’t go crazy just running around on the river. We usually have some grandkids with us and they alway find alot to stay busy: building sandcastles, throwing sticks, swimming with Pop Pop, camp fires–you get my point. On a side note it looks like this year the Redneck clan with be mostly guys. Daughter is pregnant and Mom is staying with her so Son-in-law can have a breather. So if you see us walking around eyeing food it is because we have no women to take care of us!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

We will find a place for the tenters…if you so desire.Lawn space is very limited,but the beach can be good option , we will find somewhere for you to get a tent up.It is great to see the great response so far!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

We will find a place for the tenters…if you so desire.Lawn space is very limited,but the beach can be good option , we will find somewhere for you to get a tent up.It is great to see the great response so far!

Translation: Bring Cookies

(Jk)

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I’ll bring beer batter.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Shane, I’m not sure what I will plan for the kiddies. It’ll depend on how many we have and what ages. I’m thinking squirt guns, beach toys for the sand, water balloons, maybe a treasure hunt. That type of thing.

I thought about having Dean dress up as Mickey Mouse but Brian told me he’s already Goofy.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Quote:

I thought about having Dean dress up as Mickey Mouse but Brian told me he’s already Goofy.

and Daffy would know

Still trying to get the time free, got jipped out of making it to Mille Lacs in Jan, but we have a full staff now, and maybe – just maybe, I can can get away from ‘on the air’ 7 days a week The new GM says things are gonna change

dave

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Okay, two questions. If I have a trailer, do I still have to pay? No problem spending fifteen bucks, but at least I’ll have something to complain about, and most importantly, even though I’m sure the answer is yes, will Holst’s seminar focus primarily on pulling leadcore on Pepin?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m all signed up for the ARM event and am really looking forward to it! Trying to decide what to do about the rest of the weekend. Now some of you I’ve met and others I have yet to meet, for those of you I’ve yet to meet, please know that I’m only pointing these things out to put a smile on your face!

As I’m considering Friday night – Sunday, I’m looking at the schedule of events. We have no real plans Friday night but it appears that there is poker, beverages, and campfire. Saturday kicks off with the fishing tournament, then you hand out prizes, and James gives his seminar. Nice. Followed off by more beverages, poker, and campfires. To a pool 4 novice like me who’s only snagged an occasional P4 walleye on several previous occasions, this schedule tempts one to think like this;
    Stay the weekend with us, we’ll get you drunk, take all your money, put you in a fishing contest, then and only after all the prizes have been handed out, we’ll have a seminar titled “What you’ve been doing wrong the last two days” or “How I won todays contest”, then if we didn’t get all your money on Friday, we’ll go after it again on Saturday!!

I’m sure I’m forgetting the comraderie, meeting new friends, learning some new techniques……but one could just wonder…..

Dean, how were the cookies on Wednesday? Thanks for the warning ahead of time. Still good to be out with my dad fishing.

Eric

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Dean, how were the cookies on Wednesday? Thanks for the warning ahead of time. Still good to be out with my dad fishing.

Eric

Good work Eric!

I dont think anyone will find themselves being bored at this Event..including the kids!

Dean Marshall

Quote:

will Holst’s seminar focus primarily on pulling leadcore on Pepin?

Word on the street is that there will be an additional seminar by Dustin on “Vertical Jigging Deep Water Saugers”

redneck
    Rosemount

Cougareye,
    The info given out before the ARM event will put you in good shape to fish the weekend. Late June is usually an excellent bite on Pool 4. There is plenty to do all weekend besides activities listed. Never got involved in the card game but I have never been bored there yet!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

If I have a trailer, do I still have to pay?

You would only pay the $10 event fee. That fee is to help us pay for food, drink, ice, tables, tents, etc.

Camping or tenting

Those who want to tent or have a camper/RV, there are some spots available. Contact Dean for availability and rates. Dean will charge normal rates for camping and there will be the $10 event fee.

KirtH
    Lakeville

WOW I am not on call for work this weekend, should be there

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

Quote:

Word on the street is that there will be an additional seminar by Dustin on “Vertical Jigging Deep Water Saugers”

Hey Dean!
    You doing a seminar on “dock fishing with a dork rig”?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Dean!
    You doing a seminar on “dock fishing with a dork rig”?

Gary…….Not very nice calling Brian a “Dork Rig!”

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

Gary…….Not very nice calling Brian a “Dork Rig!”

From WikiDictionary:

Noun
    Singular dork
    Plural dorks

dork (plural dorks)

(slang) A quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same intelligence level. (Napoleon Dynamite is a classic example.)

(US, slang, dated) A contraction for “door key” child. The term for a boy or girl who is (or was) left alone for long periods, locking themselves inside with little to do, isolated, possibly poor, learning little, while a single parent (or both parents) work or are away. Origin: probably late 1930s or early 1940s US. Compare with the more neutral sounding term “latch-key children” popular with media and professionals in the 1980s.

Derivation
    The term “dork” was a synonym for penis, like dick, found in written use in 1961. The modern definition first dates from 1967.

From WikiPedia:

Etymology
    It is popularly asserted that the term originated as whalers’ occupational slang for the penis of a whale, and by transfer became an anatomical insult, undergoing subsequent generalization and amelioration to its present meaning. The current state of evidence suggests that this is a case of folk etymology[1], as no solid documentation has been advanced for the use of the term in this context. One of the earliest documented uses of the word “dork” is a 1961 publication (referencing 1953), in which the meaning is clearly penis, but with no particular reference to whales[2]. Instead, the term may be merely a minced oath variant of “dick”, the vulgar term for a human penis. Nonetheless, the origin of the whale-reference and its widespread credit remain unexplained, and the claimed derivation is best treated as unconfirmed.

Just thought you might be interested…

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Now that’s funny right there………

Dean, You forgot to mention that my deep water vertical jiging lessons will be for saugers in June and July when they are actually hard to catch .

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

One of our IDA sponsors, Liberty’s Restaurant in Redwing delivers to the docks of Redwing and to Everts without a delivery fee. Menu and prices can be found at http://www.libertysonline.com . The food is GOOD and the service is honestly some of the best I’ve experienced (and I am not just saying that because they sponsor the site, trust me!). [END OF QUOTE]

They have VERY good pizza too.
    Thanks, Bill

——————————————————————————–

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.