Summer/Fall Trip Info

• tbird171
    Winona, MN

I know it’s still winter, but looking for ideas on where to travel this summer/early fall for a few days on a fishing trip with the family. Wants: water front cabin(s) for 6 adults/3 kids, within 4 hrs of Winona area, bring your own boat with easy water access, beach/swimming area for kids, dock to fish from.
    We’ve never done this before and don’t have a clue where to start. Sure would like to hear your experiences (good and bad) and recomendations.
    THANKS!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Mystic Moose Resort on Moose Lake. Hayward WI area. another good spot is Lost Land Lake Lodge also in Hayward area.

tbird171
    Winona, MN

Steve, thanks, Mystic Moose looks inviting, the other is a “quiet” lake and I’d like to move about a little more.

I’m sure there’s alot more input…come on gang!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

For non stop pan fishing for the kids I would recommend the Chetek area. It is a string of six lakes I believe. I have caught big Pike. They also have Large mouth and Walleye. You can check out some info at chetek.com.
    Good Luck. It should be less than 2 1/2 hours from you.

FDr

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Quiet is what I’m looking for up there. No jet skis or water skiers. Better for the fishing. The 10 mph speed limit is a misnomer. You can’t go ripping around the lake but nobody bothers you if you 25 to 30 mph.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

For an all around family outing you can’t beat the Iowa Great Lakes area. [Spirit Lake] Lots of touristy stuff, good beaches, an amusement park, great fishing, good dining and entertainment, interesting history, one of only 5 blue water lakes in U.S. 3 hrs from Winona. Give Ryan Hale a PM he can set you up for the whole deal!

tbird171
    Winona, MN

Thanks guys!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.