Name of residents along with your user name

• trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I think it would be good Idea to include our place residents (or some where close by)along with our user name.
    Every time I see something I like to buy or to help someone out they dont say where they are from and it would just handy to know b4 I commit or reply to them as to what area they are from ,as I and some others dont know most here.
    Just a thought

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Where they are from is listed below the number of posts they have made. Some folks opt not to use it. All of them should list city and state.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I understand what you are saying trumar, if it is something that interest you there is always the option of the Private Message.

One other thing I also like to do before sending a PM, view the users post if I am not familiar with that person. Sometimes I can tell were a person spends most there time if they are posting reports and good information, and that being easy to find here on IDA

Bret

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

What Bret said!!!

eyebuster
    Duluth

I am with Trumar on this one how hard is it to fill out where you are from expecially if you are trying to sell something! Unless you are in protective custody and the MOB has a hit out on you what can it hurt to post where you are from? Just a conveniance thing I guess

herb
    6ft under

Good idea!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I may be to blame here since I replied to Trumar with a pm. The pm’s don’t come across with our hometowns like a post does.

I’ve been in that spot before and I like to go to the members tab and look up the member name. Hopefully the info is there.

If there’s anyway to include our hometown’s in pm messages, that might help some.

Eric

sallie

Ya, Right Herb!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

One of the reasons it would be nice.. is I get the idea of going fishing in other places and it would be nice to contact someone in that area for some help ,instead of posting a forum for the help and to meet other IDA members at the same time..

There is so much more to fishing than the river(mississippi)and the local lake. Same ole same ole is getting boring. Different places and people make it more exciting ,at least for me ,its time to branch out from the norm and go some where different.

Jeff

herb
    6ft under

And we have a winner!
    I’m surprised anyone noticed Sal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.