Hunter to stand trial.

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Not exactly an outstanding member of the community. None the less a tragity for all involved.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Hang ’em high

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I am interested to see how this plays out. I really don’t think all the information is out yet.

My gut reaction is he acted first, and then thought later. Not a good thing

Either way, Sad day for both families

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I agree. Though I understand there is a language barrier… I think he may have used the prior Hmong incident as an excuse.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I have absolutely no pitty for that murdering, lying, thief. It just stinks that we will have to support is arse in prison for the rest of his life.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Depending on where the trial is held and where the selection of jurors come from he may have a pretty good chance at getting off this one..
    Will wait to see how the outcome turns out on this one..

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Glenn… I have to disagree a little here. If Wisconsin sportsmen are like MN sportsmen, there will be little thought put in to the prior incidents. A murder is a murder. A low-life is a low-life.

At least, I hope they are like this.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

I hope you are right Dave!
    I just know from following past trials that humans are humans and some are not forgiving of certain things.
    Alot of trials turn out to be one sided alot and a guy can be declared guilty or innocent before a trial was even started.
    I remember years back here in Minnesota the trial had to be switched to another county because of the bias jury…

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Since we don’t have the full story, I think holding off judgment is the best bet!

Remember, all are innocent until proven guilty.

At this point, we don’t know if he acted in self-defense or not.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Gary,
    I agree with you he is innocent of murder until proven guilty. That being said, he is guilty of stealing (previously broke into cabins and spent time in prison for it) and that in my book is reason enough for me to pass judgement on this guy. Needless to say, I have no pity for a thief.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

but who are we to sit and judge others by previous actions. it isn’t our job to judge others, that one belongs to someone else!

shane

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Shane,
    Your a bigger man than me if you never judge someone by their actions. And your right, he will be judged by someone else too.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I hear what you’re saying Bzz. Problem with this is there are no witness’, so I don’t know if we will ever know the truth.

the_grump
    Le Center

1. Shot with shotgun at 50 yds
    2. Stabbed 5 or 6 times, in the face and neck.
    3. Burried underneath leaves and sticks
    4. Never reported it.

Could be innocent…I guess

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’ve been burned by news reports way too often. Depending what has been included and sometime more importantly what has been exclude…changes many thoughts.

Event the convicted felon with a gun part…I’ve known cases where someone was arrested for that exact same reason just to find out there was a mistake in the record keeping and the felony was changed to a misdomeanor.

The only thing that I know for a fact is that there isn’t any winners here…no matter the out come.

buck-slayer

No witnesses, probably an all white jury, I can see the guy getting off. But I think he’s guilty!

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Quote:

Since we don’t have the full story, I think holding off judgment is the best bet!

Remember, all are innocent until proven guilty.

At this point, we don’t know if he acted in self-defense or not.

Thia is all that needs to be said about this subject. I am amazed at how so many know the true story about this incedent. You guys have this person colored guilty as heck based on what the media has released? Are you kidding me? If people truely think the investigators released every bit of detail and information about the case I feel for you. Even if they did the media will only talk about the stuff that people want to tune into anyhow. At least give the person the same amount of latitude you’d want if the tables were turned. If he is guilty then he deserves punishment. But at least let him have his day in court.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

But at least let him have his day in court.

Riveratt;
    Isn’t this a “famous quote”?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

well I was giving the guy a slight bit of credability until I read the part about a previous burglary. I also found it interesting how all the article talked about was their race

I know a bit about writing, and this is not a good conclusion, nor an appropriate one if you ask me

Quote:

Wisconsin, Minnesota and California are home to the largest populations of Hmong, an ethnic minority that fled Laos after the Vietnam War.

I don’t know what everyone else thinks, but this little tid-bit was completely irrelevant to the story.. all I need to know is that one guy shot another and thats enough for me. I don’t need to know about their racial differences which the media seems to so monotonously point out

bassboy57

there is no excuse for killing another person over a hunting spot if you know what i mean

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Shane,
    Your a bigger man than me if you never judge someone by their actions. And your right, he will be judged by someone else too.

I am not saying I am perfect, but I am working on that aspect and actually trying to get all of the facts first before making my decision about the person. instead of jumping to conclusions and assuming things, i try to find everything else out. i just felt like it was needed to be said, and after saying that, I am trying to practice that in my daily life situations. but it has burnt me a few times when I forget to do that.

that is all I was trying to say, lets get all of the facts first before we start pointing fingers, remember 1 finger pointed at someone else leaves 3 pointing back at you.

shane

Art

My biggest problem with it( besides the death) is it’s another black eye for hunters.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

I also found it interesting how all the article talked about was their race

This is what struck me odd right out of the chute. “A white hunter….”

So if there were two white hunters, it would not have been noteworthy? Or if the man would have been black, would they have wrote “Black hunter kills…”
    I think the media creates a lot of what we see as racist feelings and fans the flames.

As a matter of fact, while we are on the subject…Why at this point in our existence is it even an issue!? I am so sick of this baloney I could puke. Americans come in a variety of colors and races. That is not in question, it is a FACT of life. By continuing to define someone by their color we all continue to perpetuate “Racist” tags on all people! Did you hear that this year was the first time two BLACK coaches played in the Super Bowl? And why is it a big deal that Tony Dunge is the first BLACK coach to win one? Tony And Lovey are as American as I am. Why does the media have to play it up? They made it look like the lowly black coaches succeeded! These guys are brilliant football coaches! How about that? I don’t care if they were purple!
    I hope I don’t twist an ankle jumping off my soap box.
    Sorry about the rant.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

totally agree Chris You pretty much covered everything that I was thinking.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Chris, My sentiments exactly

metrolunker
    Metro lakes

If any of you want to know more details about the case and what he is charge, click on the link below and then click State-VS- Nichols. It is the actual complaint filed by the state of Wisconsin. Justice will be serve and I hope he goes back to the place he just got out of and never come out again. He’s got “GUILTY” written all over his name. This country don’t need citizens like this b*stard. This country is United with all the people of the world, that is why we are called ” UNITED ” STATES OF AMERICA.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

So in reading the complaint we can now determine an accused persons innocence? Heck why have the courts, jurys, hearings, and judges? Might as well just cut his head off and throw him in the ditch. Of course one would hope to never have one of these “complaints” filed against oneself for fear of all of us know it alls being the ones to make the call. Might I point out the party that wrote the complaint is also the one trying to convict the defendant. Far be it from that party to type in anything that might not be considered truth beyond a shadow of a doubt.

America has what is called due process and it is for a reason. In America people are innocent until proven guilty. At least they were. Now with all the experts trained directly from the instant media and their eye catching headlines we no longer need to know the truth before we castigate a member of society. Heck as evidenced above we even dropped the old double jeopardy rule. Now because of an earlier crime you already paid a debt for you can instantly be considered guilty at anything that shall come up from then on. Obviously once you make a mistake your as good as dirt.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That was really good Tuck and Riveratt!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.