electronics question…

• maaonvermilion

Believe it or not my wife finally has agreed to let me buy a fish finder/sonar.. it’s been a slow process, first boat then trolling motor then lift but she likes catching fish too…..suggestions for someone not real well versed but need one on Vermilion…have my honey holes but have to and want to explore…300/350 max
    THANKS FOR ANY HELP
    Magic54

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

In that price range id go with the vexilar fl-12, its what i use. I got mine for like 320 i think. Unless u fish deep water alot, like over 30ft or so, i dont think the zoom that the fl-20 offers is necesary. The fl-12 has fit all my fishing needs fine, and its about 150 bucks cheaper.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Is for the boat or the ice???

Noticed it’s post #1….you’ll like it here

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Get ahold of Wade @ Jolly Ann Marine!

Right now, he has an AWESOME deal on some Garmin sonar/gps units that accepts mapping chips.

Garmin GPSMAP 178 Sonar Gps Combo

If that doesn’t suit your needs, Wade should be able to hook you up with the right stuff!

In the price range you mentioned, I would recommend a color sonar if GPS is not needed. This Eagle unit is a very good brand for $370.

Eagle FishMark 500C

PS: I sure don’t mean to shove one of our site sponsors down your throat.

Especially a new guy!!! (welcome aboard too! )

However, Wade at Jolly Ann Marine is known very well on his customer service and awesome pricing at many, many places on the internet (other fishing sites)!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Magic, that Garmin 178 that Gary speaks of at Jolly Ann is a fantastic unit! I have had a lot of experience with those units. Very user friendly, and GPS as well as a top of the line sonar. You will be able to get back to that honey hole every time!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Go with Lowrance all the way………

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

oh, sorry, its february i still got ice on the brain. I know u can find closeouts out the lowrance 102c’s for a heck of alot less than what i paid 2 years ago.

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

Check out the x97 listed for sale, unless u wanna splurge for color , which i highly recomend

riverfan
    MN

Magic,

I’m not sure here you fish but I would recommend a combined sonar GPS unit that will accept map chips. For around $100 you should be able to get a detailed map chip of the lakes/rivers you fish. As an old timer, I spent years learning lakes and river details that are now easy to access with the modern maps. It’s a love-hate relationship. I’d prefer to keep things to myself but you have to appreciate the technology.

John

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Obviouly there will be lots of opinions, I’d try and find one that has the GPS and takes a mapping card like lakemaster or navionics, you don’t have to get the card now, you can use it without, but you can add one in the future, and sure color is nice, if that’s your price range, I’d still go with a b&w with gps over color and no gps.

I reccomend going to a store with the suggestions people give you, and check the units out for yourself first hand, you may find you really like one over the other. I like lowrance’s myself, and also like the prices from wade

Oh and welcome to IDA!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Glad you remided me, that 178 Wade has takes the chips.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I’ll second or third or 4th or whatever… Wade for the service, and I’m going to be getting the 178 GPS map this spring myself. It looks like an awesome unit for the $$$ and thats just what I need!

Waterloo, IA

Magic 54, don’t let these guys pull your chain. Bunch of jokers, but good guys, all the way. Sincerely, Jolly Ann Marine is absolutely the “real deal”. I wouldn’t even think of purchasing any electronics from anyone else but them. They will take the time to let you know what your options are. No pushing what they have on hand, there. If they don’t have it, they can probably get it for you. The customer service they provide, is second to none. Ya know, we’re always “hollerin'” that there’s no customer service anymore! Well, that’s not exactly true. Jolly Ann Marine specializes in customer service. I can assure you, they will take good care of you, and see to it that you get what you need. And at a very reasonable price. They’re often under Cabelas, or the other outlets of that type. But, you just don’t get the personnal touch and concern that they provide. What’s more, you may get to talk with Tamara. Believe you me, she’s much more attractive than Wade! Kidding aside, they’re one and the same on your electronic needs. They’re Jolly Ann Marine. The Best of the Best.

Oh, don’t forget, if your from outside Iowa, NO SALES TAX! A benefit that I am unfortunatly not able to take advantage of. Give ’em a call. You won’t be disappointed!!

Gramps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.