You call that a Halftime show?

• Crankbait

Last year the Stones were the Stones and this year Prince was Prince. Most who were never a fan of either probably wouldn’t enjoy their performances. Personally, I think it’s pretty darn impressive the Stones are still rockin’ after all these years.

IMO Prince’s take on All Along The Watchtower (originally written and recorded by that other Minnesotan, Bob Dylan) was OK. Bummer it was so short as I’d like to hear what a full length version would be like. Hendrix’s cover of the tune will always be the standard. Prince has definitely been studying some of Jimi’s old stage moves though! Although I prefer Prince’s funky rhythm guitar technique to his lead style it is nice to see him playing guitar more these days.

I wouldn’t have a problem with a country act next year to mix it up. It would probably have to be a mega star like Garth though. Didn’t he do one already. I’m sure he’s been asked before. Maybe Garth and Springsteen or Garth and KISS! R&R All Night, Low Places, and Born In The USA!

schooly
    Minnesota

Huge Prince fan in the 80’s,went to the purple rain concert in i think 83 or84? Great show.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I thought he was very entertaining. I would hate to see them go country though. You need some rock and roll at halftime.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I was never a huge Prince fan…didn’t necessarily dislike him, just wasn’t a fan. That being said, I thought it was one of the better halftime shows (along with U2) in a very long time.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Thought it was pretty good and original. Especially enjoyed the change of pace from past crap shown, and the fact he was live not lippin it. Plus he’s a heck of a guitar player to boot.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.