You call that a Halftime show?

• ncarlson203

The NFL is the best sport in the world, and the Super Bowl is the biggest stage in the world, some how Prince is up there performing, what a joke….

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

They all can not be like Janet’s

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Sorry to disagree …Huge Prince fan from the 80’s so I’m lovin’ it… RR

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

That’s why I’m on IDA

ARCH
    southern minnesota

All he sang was woo hoo hoo hoo

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Imagine if Janet would have been exposed in, I mean exposed to the rain!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I really have to agree. That show was pretty lame. If you are gonna pay a bunch of girls and prince to come sing and dance on stage at the super bowl, at least teach them how to first

birddog
    Mn.

I disagree as well, although I’m not a real prince fan. I thought it was entertaining.

BIRDDOG

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

In all that rain I was waiting for one of the gals to slip and go flying and Prince to get lit up like a xmas tree. Think they did pretty good under the conditions.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

some how Prince is up there performing, what a joke….

Hey don’t bash him, he is just like you. He likes purple and the Vikings.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Well I have to say he did alot better job than the bears did.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

And he is from Minn. playing at the Superbowl!

Ed

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Well I have to say he did alot better job than the bears did.

………….

2Fishy4U

The Super Bowl ads and almost always halftime shows are all so hyped they tend to be disappointing. When Prince showed upI let the dog out for a pee and he had more fun, as I did, watching him play in this cold weather.

Perhaps next year they will try country music, it will definately be more entertaining then either Janet Jackson or Prince.

billybob68
    Austin, MN

country music would defiantly be the way to go in my opinion, but i didnt think that prince was all that bad, and all in all i think it was well set up with the stage and everything…

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

One of the most under-rated guitarists of all time and he’s a “pop” star.

Best Super Bowl half time ever, which I guess doesn’t say much but I liked it.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Prince did a better job at halftime that Billy Joel did on the National Anthem.

Thought he did a great job on Watch Tower…rocked!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I didn’t think the half time show was bad at all, and I agree with Jon, not many can pull off a Hendrix song.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Prince did a rather decent job considering the circumstances.. Rain!!
    For the guys age he is still out there jamming away…

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Prince was awesome! Great covers of All Along the Watchtower, The Best of You, and Proud Mary. And he did his own best stuff too! Best halftime show I have ever seen! Prince doesn’t do covers. So doing the above mentioned songs was a total surprise. And a good surprise!

dd

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I was never a Prince fan per se but I enjoyed the show. The guy looks the same as he did 20 years ago too! At least they got a guy that can still sing and sound like he used to. Last year the strolling bones were so bad I felt sorry for them. Todays pre game show I saw Stevie Knicks sing and, wow, talked about over the hill! She looks like my neighbors mom and sings like the polish drunk up the road.

I hope Favre times his exit just right. For now he is still my hero but I sure hope we don’t see the day he is scrambling around on a Rascal!

Yes, the HT show turned out better than the Bears played.

jldii

Glenn,

I thought you were going to skip the game and go fishing?

vern
    Richfield, MN

It was great! Good to see some cool guitar playing & not just lip synch/drum machine crap. The best half-time show I remember.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

JLD with this cold still hanging over my head and the cold weather I just thought it would be best to stand it out in a warm house.. Oh yeah and plus I had to run my trucks tailgate over to my body man.. I chipped the paint so now it is going to be stripped down and repainted.. Lookin at some Airbrushing for the back gate before calling it good to go back on..But I did drive by the lake and made a stop to count some houses and see where they are moving too now..

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Hope you guy’s are joking about wanting a Country music halftime show.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Thats the best anyone from MN has ever had in a superbowl.

He actually wasn’t too bad. I agree, the Stones were TERRIBLE.

And Prince played alot better than Grossman did.

bigpike

Thought the Prince half time show was pretty cool, better than last years Rolling Bones and watching Mick Jagger and his flabby arms act like he is still 25. Prince can actually play some guitar. Not bad!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Was immpressed with prince not a big purple rain fan but the rest of them were pretty good…Agree with who said it earlier maybe one of the great guitar players not recognized either he is AWSOME on the strings

VikeFan

I thought Prince did alright–I think the medley should have included fewer covers, though.

In terms of good half-time shows, no one has mentioned U2 in 2002–I am not a huge fan, but I thought that was the best Super Bowl performance I have seen.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.