bfishntackle

• bluegill
    Byron, minnesota.

I want to pick up some ring worms and super doos and maybe some paddletails to add to my tackle box. What are some of the colors you have had good luck with? I will be fishing for walleyes and bass. Thank You, gilby

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Let me start off by saying that EVERY color has a time and place. That said, more information is needed;
    Where are you going to be fishing?
    What time of year?
    What are the weather conditions?
    All of these effect what color you use. A good rule of thumb that I’ve found is on bright days brighter colors work and overcast natural colors work better. Picking only a few colors is like picking the right lottery ticket. Some of my go-to colors are oystershell, firecracker, pro-blue, catalpha, chart. green core, chart. orange core, and pink sherbert. An assortment is the key to sucess, switch often and never have 2 of the same color down. If fish are hitting one color switch the other one, but not to the same thing.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Like Redneck Jr said, they all have their time and place, and hot colors are different based on where you are fishing. My consistantly good colors on the Wisconsin river on bright sunny days are the more translucent colors like firecracker, oystershell, fire n ice, and cotton candy. Cloudy days tend to favor catalpa orange, chart green core, chart white core, chart orange core, and purple. I think I have every color of ringworm, and every one has caught fish at one time. Start with 5 colors and order a couple more colors every few months.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.