JIG BOXES

• jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

For all of you ice fishin fanatics,tell me your favorite storage system for packing all of your jigs out to the ice. If you are like me packing just one box is ideal but I’m running out of room,so whats your favorite system,recommended products? ….Thanx guys

blufloyd

Fox or System 3 fly boxes course I use plano for the multitudes I have….

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

This is what I use. It has three larger boxes, one for walleye jigs, one for tip-up tackle, and the last for bobbers. I also have two small boxes in which I carry smaller jigs. The tackle box has an arm strap, and is light enough to carry with me hole-to-hole.

Lars

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I like the Gander Mtn. fly boxes. I cut the foam so the hook fits securely and the jig won’t slip out.

Here’s a pic.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

I like the looks of the Kwikdraw, I see an order in my future,I also got a great look on the contents in one of Blue flecks jig boxes Thanks guys

sallie

Tom Donaldsons post on the fly boxes he had a while back gave me an idea. I had a box that my Strike Master auger blades came in. I put some foam in it and it works real good. Thanks Tom.

herb
    6ft under

I was thinking the same deal Sal, thanks TD. I always seem to bring way more than I really need.

hardhitter_26
    Annandale, Mn

I like the looks of the Kwikdraw bag, but those Gander Mnt. fly boxes look promising too. Those would be easier to toss in the coat pocket when hole jumping.

I think I might just have to try this out!

Thanks for the idea TD

Troy

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

Fleck, are those mini dart jigs i seen in that jig box? If so mind telling me where to buy them.Thanks for any info.

savage_tuna
    Savage, MN

I agree, do the fly boxes with the foam inserts. Been using them for many years and by far is the best system to keep them in!

Tuna

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I’ll post a couple pics of the coolest jig box I’ve found which I bought at Fleet-Farm. There was no brand name to the box which is probably why is was only a couple bucks but by far the best I’ve had. I use it for my panfishing jigs. There are ten divided compartments (6 smaller and 4 bigger) but as you can see, each compartment holds a lot of jigs. Each smaller compartment snaps shut then the whole thing clams up and clasps shut. It’s awesome.

For jigging spoons I use something similar to the systems posted above.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Shut

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.