Need some land help, suggestions? SE MN

• KirtH
    Lakeville

I was wondering since a few of out viewers are from SE MN, I might be looking for some hunting land next year after we sell the cabin, I was looking in the Rushford area.

Any idea what land goes for? Looking for wooded/open, would like to deer hunt and bird hunt.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Did you mean SE Mn?

Yes I meant the other west

Yes I meant SE, would you like me to give you directions to my favorite fishing spot, go north.

VikeFan

My brother, sister, and I own 120 acres of mixed land (crop, timber, and a bit of slough) in southern Fillmore County west of Harmony. Land there goes for around three thousand an acre. Up towards Rushford, which is closer to Lacrosse and Winona, I would expect it to be a bit more.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

My brother, sister, and I own 120 acres of mixed land (crop, timber, and a bit of slough) in southern Fillmore County west of Harmony. Land there goes for around three thousand an acre. Up towards Rushford, which is closer to Lacrosse and Winona, I would expect it to be a bit more.

If you ever stumble accross some land for sale , let me know

Kirt

eyebuster
    Duluth

By Dover there is 70 acres for $370,000 not sure if the plans are for developement or what but that seems kind of high.

2Fishy4U

Beautiful area, Lewiston, Rushford, Rollingstone, Houston, etc. However, before responding in detail it is crucial to know how much land you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend.

Trubass
    MN

Take your time, land prices have and should keep coming down. You should be able to pick it up for around 2,200 to 2,700 hundred an acre. I have been watching this pretty close the last few years.

Art

Just too give you an idea. I live between Chatfield and Rushford. 3 weeks ago they had an auction on a farm with 860 acres. The tillable land went for 4800 an acre. It was split into 3 parcels. The home site and 40 acres was bid at 35000.00 and they turned it down. The house is junk along with all the out buildings. Well and drainfield -shot. Sold some land that only goats could climb- got 4200 an acre for that. Couldn’t believe it. It was bought by a group from Calif. Also you better check, because of laws in Fillmore county. Think you need a min. of 40 acres for a dwelling. I would hold off for awhile. It’s going tocome down. The guy who bought the farm land went bankrupt 3 years ago. It doesn’t make sense. GlaD I bought 20 years ago. Couldn’t afford to buy my place today. If corn goes down again, the finance company will get that crop land back. Good luck. Wait a year.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Thanks for the responses, it gives me an idea, I will have a more realistic idea what we have to spend when we sell the cabin.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

Take your time, land prices have and should keep coming down. You should be able to pick it up for around 2,200 to 2,700 hundred an acre. I have been watching this pretty close the last few years.

Ag land is dropping in price? Or is it wooded land that is dropping in price?

Art

They keep saying ag land is coming down but everytime a piece in this area comes up for sale the price climbs. A lot of it is being bought by out of state people. When you can rent good age land for 160-180 an acre, its not a bad investment. I can’t really say on none ag land as I haven’t been watching it too close. Hear stories but don’t know if true.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I agree Art.
    Most of the “outstate” land that is being gobbled up by farmers were those from the “innerstate” getting bought out by developers. They had the money to purchase what they wanted “outstate” and it really drove up prices.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.