Need a Lowrance user guinea pig

• warrenmn
    Minnesota

Hope you don’t mind but I need to test some thing. I posted a zip file on my site that the only way you can get there is http://walleyemaps.com/pools1to4.aspx In it is four LCM files that cover Pools 1 to 4, I think. I didn’t check the upper most so pool 1 is a maybe.
    I tried it and it worked for me but I want to make sure others can do it.
    Its only good for Lowrance users. Down load and save the file. Open it and drag the four files inside onto an MMC or SD card. The zip file is 600 kb and the four unzipped files are less than a meg.
    Then all you should have to do is pop the card into your machine or open an emulator while you have the card in the card reader.
    BUT! 1. This is not for navigation. There are wing dams and reverments, but no bridges. This is not for navigation.
    2. I need to know either way if it works or not. Questions?
    WarrenMN

warrenmn
    Minnesota

Remember guys, I need feed back on this.
    WarrenMN

lakeskipper
    Anoka, MN

WarrenMN,

I downloaded your file, and loaded it into a Lowrance product emulator, and it worked just fine. However, I did not load it to a MMC card, just transferred the files right into the map file inside the emulator.

Pool 1 is there and goes as far north as Brooklyn Park.

Hope this helps.

Lakeskipper

warrenmn
    Minnesota

OK, good. It worked for mine but I’ve found out that there are a lot of variables out there and working on mine don’t count. Yeah, most people don’t know about Map0 or what ever the folder is.
    Thanks, appreciate the report
    WarrenMN

mdokken
    Bloomington,Mn

I followed Lakeskipper’s idea and it works fine.

Just to fine tune: I unzipped the files to a folder on my desktop, then copied them to my Map0 file-C:\programfiles\lowrenceelectronics\unitdemo\maps0

Works great. Thanks for the heavy lifting.

Mike

warrenmn
    Minnesota

Ok, good. So far no body has said it doesn’t work so that must be a good sign. These should work in an H2O too if you have one of those.
    I don’t fish the river so I have no idea where you guys are fishing, but on Pool 2 are you fishing more than the wing dams.
    WarrenMN

mdokken
    Bloomington,Mn

I did transfer to my H2O through a card. Works fine with the background maps. My Lakemaster chip doesn’t show the wingdams.
    I fish a lot of the upper stretches of Pool 2, from St. Paul to Ford Dam in Mpls.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.