Any Crappies in metro yet?

• ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Here’s a 14 iincher I got on Friday on a jig and monnow. Not bad for the metro

Later,

Ferny.

SURE2STRIKE
    Albert Lea, MN

Minnetonka has put out a few good fish, but not quite that size for me. Don’t suppose you are going to give up the ?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Tonka has put out a few fish along with Eagle. I’m sure their are others out there, just haven’t been chasing them much myself.

loogie
    Forest Lake, MN

The crappie bite out on Linstrom was craptacutar! 3 little 8 inchers. Moved around until we ended up on Chisago down in the bay around the corner from the A-frame. About an hour before dusk we started hitting some nice super hungry sunnies. Only 1 crappie worth keeping.

jbb
    Minneapolis area

Hit Minnetonka this afternoon…not great but not bad…12 fish kept in the 9 1/2″ to 11″ range and a few throw backs too. Tried a lot of spots…one or two fish on each spot.

johnwells
    Stacy MN

I haven’t checked it out yet, but White Bear has always been good this time of year. I used to live by it and would always slam dunk the crappies around Manitou Island. Look for the boats and you should find the crappies. Stop by my buddies bait shop (Jim Hanson) at Little Bear Bait & Tackle to buy a few extra purple & white flu-flu’s as a few northerns and some nice bass will end up snapping you off!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Any reports on water temps in any of the areas you guys been hitting.

johnwells
    Stacy MN

I was at Fannie by Cambridge on Saturday and the temp was 57 to 61, depending on part of lake. Did not catch a single panfish, just a couple northerns. Tried all kinds of different depths, baits, colors, etc… Maybe lake had a partial kill or something????

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I know there was a partial a couple years ago. I usually do very good out from the access ice fishing, but have never been there on open water.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The north end of Skogmen can be good too.

johnwells
    Stacy MN

Thanks for the info! I do think I should get back out and give it another whirl or two. It’s a neat little lake.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Was out with a friend in the Chisago area last night and boated about 70 crappies. Most of which were about 10-11 inches on the tape with a couple hitting the 12-1/2 inch range. That was alot of fun as this guy does not get a chance to chance crappies like he used to! Nice break.

Most fish came tight to the bullrushes with tubes, but had some nicer fish going suspended over 18-20 foot of water slowly trolling a light tube.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.