Swing tongue trailer with surge brakes?

• wheel10
    madison, wi

Of course my boat trailer is a couple of inches to long for my rented garage. My boat has surge brakes and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to put a new swing or removable tongue on it. Any ideas. Thanks. Mike.

birddog
    Mn.

Sure, any decent trailer shop should be able to take care of it for you.

BIRDDOG

shayla

It is possible to put a swing tongue on your trailer and they make conversion kits for doing such. There was just an article in the last issue of “Bass and Walleye Boats” on how to do it….didn’t look all that difficult. One thing to be careful of is if you are forced to disconnect your brake-line to swing the tongue, be sure to periodically check the fluid level because overtime the little drops you lose at each disconnect will add up! Another option, depending on the age/condition of your trailer would possibly be a trade for a trailer that more suits your needs, just a thought. Good Luck!

jesse
    mn

I had a swing tongue with surge brakes on a shorelander trailer. There was a flexible brake hose (just like on your car or truck) at the joint. Good luck

shayla

Hey Ma, I just found the article on-line. PM me your Email and I’ll forward it to you! I’m not smart enough to post the link, yet!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Does the article say what it costs to have it done?

sjh62
    On the border-Trempealeau

The Fulton kit is about 140.00,plus whatever somebody would charge for installation.This would be the route to go if your tongue is welded.

Shorelandr makes a direct replacement assembly for their trailers(plus others w/mods).It’s all on their website.

I went with the Shorelandr style,minimal cutting/drilling.Plus it was a little cheaper than the other one.This was on a Karavan trailer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.