Fishin in Bagdad

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I couldn’t resist posting this. This GI has got things in the right perspective. God Bless Him!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Way to cool !!

Brian Lyons

Tom: I know a fisherman who is there right now. You have put a smile in my evening. Thanks……..B

tom_gursky

In case anyone is interested here is the caption;

Gone fishing
    Pfc. Mark Bennett drops a line in the lake surrounding one of Saddam Hussein’s palaces in western Baghdad. Bennett was using noodles from a chicken with noodles MRE as bait, but didn’t have any luck.

You can access this and other pictures through MSNBC at:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/870749.asp#BODY

scroll down to slide show images of war

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

He needs some ringworms, Kalins and doo’s. Great picture.

Thanks

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

He needs some ringworms, Kalins and doo’s. Great picture.

Let’s send him some! The hard part is figuring out what unit Pfc. Mark Bennett is in…??? Anyone know how to track a troop?

Jon J.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

He would be on the water, but the Iraqis took his boat.

tom_gursky

I’m working on that Jon!

gimpy
    Owatonna, Minnesota

That is sweet! If I was there I would be doing that exact thing. He should get one of those tanks that float, then open the hatch and fish.

Walyecrappie
    Duluth

The sad news is your are not aloowed to send live animals even if it is worms. What I suggest is maybe take up some donations from everyone and buy some plastics and stuff and sen it over sees not just to him but all the fisherman over there to use. I know that some of the troops will be stationed there for 2 years. I know if I was over there and go a packet of Powerbait I would be in heaven!

bait_caster
    Spring Valley, Wis.

I wonder what kind of fish are there

Walyecrappie
    Duluth

I have a better idea. I think we should all instead of taking up some money to buy somthing for them we should just like send them a rappala or a package of power bait you have lying around. THis way you dont have to fork out the dough you can just grap some extra takle you have lying around even Jigs and bobbers will work. And send them to somone who would be in charge and then he could send it to the army base in Texas were they ship it out to Iraq. I think Tom should be in charge of this I think everyone would be able to trust him the best and he did start this thread. Also once everything is sent to him he can get find out how much it costs to send them and we can all chip in and pay for the shipping. THis is just a thought tell me what you all think!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I like that idea. let the men and women who love the sport continue to do so even on foriegn soil. I am game for it. let me know what the plans are.

thanks

shane_hildebrandt

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.