A touching photo…worth a look

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We truly take a lot for granted. Forget the football “heroes” and movie “stars”.

coppertop
    Central MN

My Father being a Vietnam veteran I thank you for the photo! Watching his old 8mm videos and looking at photos of his tank that ran over a landmine I’m thankful to have been born in the U.S.A. and live here to enjoy the freedoms we have! Who has time for Football anyway when it coinsides with the greatest season of the year? FALL FOREVER!

pafollmer
    Brooklyn Center MN

As I sit here and look at that photo my chest swells with pride and my heart jumps to my throat. What a seen we see in that picture, that is true brother hood, men so strong yet so overwelmed with pride and dignity.

MAY THE LORD BLESS US ALL. AND KEEP OUR MEN AND WOMEN SAFE.
    WHO FIGHT TO KEEP US SAFE AND FREE

Thank You Brian for sharing

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Enough said Amen!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

More profound than words I could put in print.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

You got that right BK.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

To all the men and women in the arm forces. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Never take your freedom for granted.

PFD

Briank, I couldn’t agree more.

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

So my question is … is the staff sergeant still in the armed forces? Will the armed forces continue to look after and take care of this soldier who has been wounded and who has given the penultimate sacrifice?

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Very touching photo Briank. Didn’t notice the first time I looked at it that the Marine’s right hand appears to be missing fingers also. It goes to show that our freedom isn’t free. It was paid for with a price.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Todays military will try and find him a job that his mobility can relate too. If not then yes he will be released on a medical discharge and after a year it turns to a Honorable discharge and from there he will need to apply for disability and possible Social Security benefits. But far to many are to proud to apply for these and they take there discharges and go out into civilian society searching for jobs that they are capable of handling.
    May God watch over our soldiers in unfriendly areas across the world, and God Bless the ones that are serving and have already served and given there time to protecting our freedom..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.