Lost my huntin buddy today

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Take care and Best Wishes Matt

Moores Bait

Matt, Sorry to hear about your loss, it is sad to have it happen once let alone twice like that. Take care…..

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Sorry to hear this Matt. Sucks loosing a pup!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Sorry to hear this. Keep your head up, and you’ll know when or if the time is right for a new pup.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

thats a tough one Matt… I really feel for you….

I live out in tick country BIG time.. one of my dogs had both that AND Lymes last year… cured it… but the dog was hurting for certain… so I can keep them healthy if I keep a real close eye on them for symptoms…. and NOW its been such a terrible year for mice we have neighbors putting out poison and one of my dogs came back with a whole bar of it yesterday…. everyone around here lets their dogs out to do their thing… and they like to go visit each other… its not a big deal.. and everyone has the right to use poison… but now today I have to take both dogs into the vet… the tests will cost 100… and if they need the antidote thats another 70 per dog…. *sigh*.. guess I better put in one of them invisible fences…. those $$ will probably save the lives of my dogs too… sometime down the road….

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Very sorry for your lose Matt.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

sorry to hear your loss. what are the early symtoms of the disease so everyone knows what to watch for.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Losing a pup is not understandable to a person that doesn’t have dogs. When dog owners say that they are a member of the family, they really mean it. Dogs have personalities, feelings, and empathy. I like to think that I did him a favor. He had a great life. I’m going to bring up that other thread so that you guys know what to watch for. If you ever even suspect it, make sure to mention it to your vet because many vets are unaware of the disease being prevalent in our northen area. For you guys that are wondering, look for the thread I’ll pull up top.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

My condolences as well Matt. I’ve got a 12 yr old who is getting close to that day and it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Sorry to hear of your loss Matt. You did the right thing. Better to send him to heaven now then let him die slowly dragging out the pain.

pafollmer
    Brooklyn Center MN

My thoughts and prayers go out to you today. I hope your grieving will end soon and a new pup under the tree this christmas. To you and your family nothing but the best.

paul

euedoctor2

bbfdog

sorry for your lose i had to put my English springer down last spring hip dysplasia

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.