Winchester 1300 problems…

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I need some help with my Winchester 1300 12ga. pump. It keeps jamming when i’m shooting at birds, which isn’t good, at all…

This is the exact problem. I shoot the first shot, when i pump to get the next shot off, the empty shell ejects, but as the next shell is being pushed into the chamber, it slams against the back of the next shell in the magazine, therefore jamming the gun with the action open and chamber empty. I have to use a screwdriver to pry the shell off the other one due to the magazine spring.

This malfunction has cost my 4-5 EASY shots on birds, which is really frustrating. It does it with 2 3/4″ shells and 3″ shells, the jamming happens more with Winchester shells than any other, which is the exact opposite of what people with the same problem have said, usually only Winchester shells run through properly. Thanks in advance for any help!

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

Mine did that a couple years ago, but it turned out to be operator error. I wouldn’t pull the slide back far enough to load the next shell(would start out of the magazine but wouldn’t load), but I could get the action closed. I was 100% sure that I had been pulling it back as far as I could, but it turns out that I wasn’t. Since then, I haven’t had any trouble with it. I know its not the best answer, but it is something to think about next time you go shoot. Good luck to you.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hard to tell without seeing it. Could be the extractor. Disassemble and inspect the bolt assembly. There is a pin that has a small ā€œLā€ type clip where the edge gets worn or broke off. If its broke, you will know right away.

-J.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I am thinking you guys might be right, i have never had it happen when i’m shooting clays, only live birds. I’ll look into this next time, make sure i come all the way back!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.