Shrink Wrap

• Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I was wondering if anyone knows someone in the metro, that shrink wraps boats?

jhalfen

Shrink wrap??? NNOOOOOOOO……don’t put the boat away yet, the Pool 4 fishing is just about to get really good!

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

There are so many opportunities to fish yet. Are you sure you want to wrap your boat? This may be another one of those years that stays fairly nice throughout the winter. Up here in Grand Rapids all tha lakes freeze over but the warm water discharge in Cohasset stays open all year. I have been know to take my truck and plow down to the access and clean out the ramp in order to float my 520. Caught some real nice bass in Decmeber, January and Februay. Seems odd to be standing in my bassboat fishing while other are driving across the ice a few hundred yards away to their fish houses.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Shrink wrap??? NNOOOOOOOO……don’t put the boat away yet, the Pool 4 fishing is just about to get really good!

I know, but I don’t have any inside storage for the boat. So I planned on having it shrink wraped & store it in the back yard.

01bullitt
    Cedar Falls, IA

id go buy some saran wrap and do it myself

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’m looking into options, haven’t really found any yet, I’d be interested in knowing what you find, Sadly with our first kid on her way in the next couple weeks, it looks pretty bad for open water fishing in the winter, this year anyways. I know Gander Mountain did it last year, not sure if they are going to again.

That being said I’m not sure how critical it is to actually get the boat wrapped, maybe someone could chime in on the benefits on doing so, I have a very nice cover for my boat so I was just thinking about coving it and calling it good.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I see an advertisement on Hwy 7 by a guy that does this. Let me know if you want his number. I’ll drive out there this weekend.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I just use my travel cover that I got with the boat. Just prop the cover up with some 2 x 4 so the water / ice / snow kind of run off. Park the tires on 2 x 6 so they don’t sit directly on the ground.

Most importantly………go to the store and buy some small pie tins and a bar of Irish Spring soap. Shave the soap into the pie tins and set them around under the cover. I use between 6 & 8. Believe it or not the mice hate that stuff! I have never had any problems with mice. I also stick a sheet of Bounce dryer fabric softner under the motor cowl, one on each side of the motor in the splashwell and one in each compartment and livewell. Zip tie the plug of your boat to the steering wheel inside a baggie with the location of all the dryer sheets. It will help you to remember next spring where you put them.

I heard yesterday a mouse can get into a 1/2″ crack. Don’t take the chance.

BTW, the boat will smell purty next spring.

If you cover is good I really don’t see the advantage of wrapping the boat, but that’s just me.

Good luck

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Not too bad of a deal for that stuff. Although the heat gun for it is usually about $500. I usually use my travel cover and some blue tarps over the top.

I really like the ideas with the pie tins and soap. I’ll be trying that this year.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve heard spearmint oil works great too, a bit harder to get, but minty fresh.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.