just venting!!!

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well most people know that I have gotten a new sloppy Jalope. I went to link recreation and baught a pro-guide v17. well I should have listened when I heard some nasty rumors about how they do business. but I still didn’t listen, I baught the boat from the rogers Link recreation, I then had to take 1/2 day off of work to drive up to St. Cloud to pick up my boat that was supposed to be ready by 4 p.m. I left there at 6 p.m. I ended up bringing the boat back after the first weekend due to many things that where wrong with the boat, like the tilt and trim didn’t work some times, speedo, no livewell, no areator. so I took it back, I ended up with a new wiring harness, they forgot fuses in the fuse panel, the speedo was pinched while installing the motor, same with the wiring harness. I also found out that when they where playing with the motor, they tuned one carb light, one was running rich, and the other was just fine. I was told that i needed to have a 20 hour service on my engine. it is a 90 horse merc oil injected 2 cycle. well after talking to another tracker dealer, we don’t need to do the 20 hour service. but when I called link to schedule my 20 hour service, they told me that I would either have to drive back to St. Cloud or down to Lake Elmo. while trying to get ahold of the number to corperate, the guy that answered the phone hung up on me, so I called back and got the same guy. well I got the number and called the top, well someone there got thier butts chewed, and well rogers link recreation called me back later this afternoon and told me to bring my boat into them and they would do my 20 hour service. so now I am just going to go back to the other dealer that sells tracker, he told me that link sends him alot of business, seeing how they tend to tick off thier clients. so if you are deciding to buy a boat from link, please think agian, or well just read this. thanks for letting me vent out some steam, now I feel better.

thanks

shane

coppertop
    Central MN

I think it is a good idea that you let as many people know about your bad experience as possible. I have three friends who bought at the St. Cloud location and believe me you’re not alone. We pay high hard earned bucks on passions of ours and we deserve to get what we pay for. I own a tracker myself and have been lucky with no problems. You should not have to take time off to get something repaired that should have done right in the first place. Now I’m getting mad, so I’ll leave it at that! Hope it doesn’t take 12 trips back like a friend of mine.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Wow you are having more problems with the new jalope then hardhitter is having with the old one.. He has not had one issue yet. I even went over to winterize it and not a drop of water out of the lower unit.
    It is sad to buy something new thinking all of ones headaches are gone and end up with a bigger headache then something you had previously owned would have..Good luck and hope your problems are now all resolved…

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Shane,
    Sorry to hear of your boat whao’s.
    Hard to think THEY treat customers like that, We expect much more, and there ARE too many other good choices.

To (possibly) get you back up there, an apology would be in order too (from the Mangagement), with maybe a few Freebees thrown in….
    Best of Luck..
    Jack..

nascarfan
    stillwater,minnesota

THANKS SHANE, NEXT SPRING I AM BUYING A NEW BOAT. AND I WILL NOT GO TO THEM. HOW ABOUT NELSON MARINE? ANY BAD NEWS FROM THEM?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

That stinks Shane

It is too bad because I think you have a great boat. You have not had any problems with the boat though, just the dealer jerks you around right?

redneck
    Rosemount

Shane,
    Hang in there man, get the bugs worked and and then go fishing. There are alot of crappy dealers out there so it is good when the word gets out. Luckily for us there are also some great dealers and we here about those here to. You better get ready and get out there deer hunting.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have had good experiences with Link in Woodbury and Minong. None bad that come to mind.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I have had no problems w/ my used boat that I bought from R and R marine in Shakopee. It was a cheapie that I bought for under $3k. When the trailer lights didnt work, they rewired the entire trailer and also threw on a new front wheel on the trailer for my trouble.

They had also installed 2 new batteries prior to putting it up for sale. Nice touches IMO.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Sorry to read about your trouble. It doesn’t surprise me.

The following is not meant for the poster but just as a general statement.

What does surprise me is how on several web sites people are warned about certain dealers and their lack of service. Still people go and buy from them. When you ask about a dealer or product and you get replies stating to stay away…………geez, if you aren’t going to listen why did you ask?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sadly Shane, this is a re-curring theme for this dealership. It’s pretty widely spread on the net that the Rogers location is poorly run at best. I would double and triple check their work and find a replacement dealer asap. Call Tracker and find out who else can service your boat.

shayla

It stands to reason that Minong would probably have the best service of all of Link’s stores, due to the fact that is the “flagship” and where they started from. I have many of my own horror stories associated with this boat dealership….especially the service department, I think they suffer from growing too big and having too many locations with not enough experience behind the desks or in the shops?

Anyhow, there are some great dealerships that sponsor this site, why not check into one of them next time? Live and Learn…..hope things get better for ya!

2Fishy4U

Sorry to hear about your experience. On a positive note your comments remind all of us to deal only with people we know and trust, or those that have a good reputation.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sorry to hear about the troubles. I would suggest staying away from one of the other dealers up there as well. (CP)

I now take my stratos to Warner Docks on WI. Well worth the drive.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

My brother in law bought his Stratos from Warner’s Dock, and has had to bring his boat there probably 7-8 times. I guess it’s just a matter of having some luck with your boat and boat dealer.

toni

Hey nascarfan, Don’t know what kind of boat your looking for but LaCannes Marine in Faribault seems to have the best prices for Alumacraft. I bought a Navigator 175 tiller from them back in Aug and they were about $2000 cheaper than anywhere else. Nelson wanted $4000 more for the same boat. I will tell you that I’m not too happy with LaCannes service but if you need warranty work done you can bring it to any Alumacraft dealer at no extra cost.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.