pix

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Hi Guys…
    well been a while since I last posted… Im always snapping pix… heres some stuff from this fall….
    first.. heres a shot from fishing… went out with Dustin the other day… and one of my buddies got the biggest fish.. instead of following my normal instincts of tripping and knocking him out of the boat… I took his photo… (man.. I must be getting old!)

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

heres an Eagle we saw at dawn yesterday…
    the sucker was over 100 yards off… but a big lens helps a lot…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

we saw a gull or 2 out there also… (imagine that!).. so I shot one out of mid air..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

I spose I can stick to a theme for a bit… looks like birds now….
    heres a shot from Crex Meadows near Grantsburg Wi.. LOTS of sandhill cranes show up there in the fall and spring…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

for quite a while Ive been trying to get a shot of a pileated woodpecker… they are VERY shy around here… anytime I even move they fly.. but I was able to sneak a couple of shots the other day.. neither is as good as I want… but Ill keep trying… this one was actually shot right out the window Im sitting next to right now… I looked up they other day.. and there he was about 20 feet away on the big oak right outside my window….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

and a couple of days before that he was near the front window of the house.. I shot this through SCREEN too!.. so thats why its pretty inferior…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

then I got this shorebird in a marsh near where I live… not sure if its a dunlin or a lesser yellowlegs… I think the latter one…. but Id have to look it up.. and Im too lazy/busy for that..

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

As usually your pics are amazing!!!!!!!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

thats it for birds… as I was doing my fall cleanup I found a couple of animals getting ready to hibernate around my yard.. heres a gray tree frog.. we sure have LOTS of them…. unlike your usual frog they dont go to water to hibernate.. they just find a place they feel safe and hole up for the winter.. they can actually surive being frozen solid!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

VERY sharp pics Ken. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks, Bill

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

theres a butterfly that can perform the same feat as the frog.. its called a morning cloak… I found one in hibernation on this piece of burnt wood….

fishinfool
    mn

Some day Im gonna need to hire this guide for some lessons in photography. SORRY JAMES, but this guy is good.

FISHINFOOL

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I finding myself waiting to see what’s next!!

Keep up the great work.

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

you did a great job on the pix, you should send those in to a wildlife magezine

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

in the fall.. I usally try and take some shots of the leaves.. sometimes as just individuals…. like this red oak against a white birch…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

heres an aspen leaf on one of my lawn chairs… the colors of blue and yellow always seem to work together…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

or I tried holding a grape leaf up to the sun with one hand and taking a photo with the other… kinda strange I guess… but trying different things can be interesting…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

or taking a shot of one aspen leaf in a pile of oak leaves… with a telephoto.. so that everything is pretty much blurred except a small area…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

or taking a shot of one of our blue garden flowers with a red maple in the BG….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

or a stand of birch.. with a bit of fall color out of focus in the foreground…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

or an isolated maple on the crest of a hill…..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

not very fall like.. but I always liked the looks of these two cedars in this cow pasture…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

or fall colors reflecting off a fall marsh… near sunset

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

a pond lilly that survived a couple of frosts… still beautuiful amidst the leaves….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

a fall fern against moss….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

a fall falls!
    this is silver creek falls in interstate park on the wisonsin side… the park is on both sides.. in taylor falls and st croix falls…. its quite a beautiful spot.. this falls is actually a very unkown part of it…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

or you can get a bit crazy and mess with the zoom while you shoot at a slow shudder speed… heres the same falls… with me messing around…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

After looking at those photo’s I don’t deserve to ever operate a camera!!

I envy your talent, the older I get the more I wish I could take decent photo’s.

shayla

Is photography just a hobby, or do you do it for a living? You have a heck of a gift and a keen eye to take such amazing photos! Thanks for sharing them, I never get tired of seeing your work.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

you can do this technique with about anything.. heres a red maple with the sun shining through the leaves… first… normal….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.