Another reason to vote GOP

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Well put Wade
    I couldn’t argue politics to save my life. I would much rather talk hunting or fishing and meet new friends than to discuss religion or politics at the cost of losing friends and creating ill feelings toward other’s.
    P.S. I can’t wait to hear the details of the IDA GTG at Hunter’s

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey Wade!
    Politics become devisive because people allow it. People let there feelings overwhelm their logic.

You can start with something simple that everybody can pretty much agree on. Billionaire ballclub owners building
    their own stadiums without any public money would not make anybody mad. What would there be to get mad about? Even if you didn’t give a rip about the sport being played it isn’t costing you anything.

But cities get involved and offer owners sweetheart deals and lure them to their city or bribe them to stay in the city they are at. That is corporate welfare. And the owners now know that they can play that game and save themselves millions. And the fans become divided because some will want to keep the sport at any cost and others feel that billionaires shouldn’t receive handouts. If government had been left out of the equasion everyone would be happy. Even the owner would be happy because if corporate welfare, incentives, bribing business with tax payer money, whatever you want to call it didn’t exist the owner wouldn’t be able to get money out of the politicians.

That is just one really simple example of why I am a less government conservative guy. I firmly believe that the less things the gov is involved in the better.

dd

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Quote:

Show me verifyable facts of a God and I may change my views, but not likely

All you have to do is look at this magnificent earth we live on, The spectacular sunrises & sunsets, how intricate the human body is with its ability to heal itself when cut or sick and you can’t possibly believe we are all here by chance or that we slitered up from a slime pool and somehow evolved into what we are now. There has to be God to have created all this.

KellyW

Good post Wade. I completely agree and you won’t see any more political responses from me.

Tight lines,

Kelly

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Amen Wade, Thanx!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am done too. Thanks Wade

big g

VikeFan

Quote:

Times have changed since the Constitution was written. That stuff is old and outdated and will likely have many changes in the future.
    What you or other’s believe doesn’t make what I believe wrong or right or vice versa.

I have to leave for work so I’ll keep this short…but this argument is a classic example of the liberal “living breathing Constitution” argument. The left trots this argument out whenever they want to restrict free speech, ban guns, trample on private property, etc.

I am a strict constructionist, which means I believe that when the Constitution says “the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed”, it actually means that the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed. The left has attacked the Second Amendment for years on the “things change all the time” argument.

I personally don’t care much about gay marriage, and would support civil unions for same-sex partners. However, to make gay marriage a Constitutional issue you must first prove that marriage is a basic human right all individuals deserve. I don’t see how that point can be made. I believe marriage is a social tradition, not a basic human right, and so long as most people think it should be reserved for a man and a woman, that is how it should stay.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Politics, at this time in the election year, is of vital interest to many fisher men and women . If not, it should be. Those not wanting to see political posts on IDA do not have to open and read them. After all, nobody is holding a car to their heads or even a gun for that matter, forcing them to do so! Isn’t it kinda like changing the channel? People, always have and always will, have differences of opinions even about their favorite species of fish.
    I do not like the idea of prohibiting the subject of Politics, to me, it smacks of restricted expression! My 2 cents!

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.