Last nights debate

• beave
    MPLS

Did anyone catch last nights debate(Bachman/Wetterling)? Wetterling and the Independent had the nads to actually “Blame us” -the US, for North Korea developing and testing Nukes! It’s like my bumper sticker says “LIBERALISM IS A DISEASE”.
    What’s happening to our country?

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

You know what p’d me off the most about that debate??? My kids were looking forward all week to the Charlie Brown Halloween show, and they had to air it at 2:30 am because of that stupid debate.

KellyW

No offense, but please reserve all future political commentary for a political web site. Most of us, whether we agree with you or not, prefer to focus on fishing and hunting here. Thanks friend!

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

Quote:

No offense, but please reserve all future political commentary for a political web site. Most of us, whether we agree with you or not, prefer to focus on fishing and hunting here. Thanks friend!

I totally disagree- feel free to steer clear of “political commentary”- I for one enjoy going a little deeper than just fishing and hunting with people that are like minded. I would be considered a “right winger” and there are plenty of “lefties” here also- but- we all love the outdoors and it is great to hear different sides of an issue- we all can learn a little more from each other. If the owner of the site wants it to stop, he will tell us. Thanks.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

I agree with kelly and hope that IDA will step in and not let the Politics take over.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

General Discussion Forum (19 viewing)

This is the “catch-all” and all topics are welcome.

We have a number of forums specifically addressing fishing and hunting. We have Moderators working in all these forums to ensure posts are where they should be. Many of the people on IDA who hunt and fish also have opinions on politics. In the “General Discussion Forum” we offer them a place to voice their opinions. Some of the conversations spark some really great conversation and debate. Many of them polar opposite views of a subject.

Don’t worry, politics will never overtake IDA. Right now in the midst of the election season, it is a topic that will be discussed often.

Tuck

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Quote:

Don’t worry, politics will never overtake IDA.
    Tuck

Thanks Chris that is good to know. I would hate to have to go site shopping again.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

It can be a GOOD thing to have these debates……
    As long as nobody gets TOO carried away

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

ok.. Ill bite.. just why do they think its our fault that north korea developed nukes?
    was it
    1. Because we did it first?
    2. Because we sold them the plans?
    3. Because we sold them enriched unranium?
    4. Because THEY (NK) said so?
    5. Because they were just looking for a laugh?
    6. Because you were watching SNL instead of an actual debate?
    (ok.. you know Im just kidding about the above.. but REALLY… just why did they think that?)

…… well.. anyway… thats a statement Id have to hear some facts on before I bought that WE made them do it… and I spose if they nuke us.. we made them do that too…. dont think that will fly in a war crimes trial….

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

It can be a GOOD thing to have these debates……
    As long as nobody gets TOO carried away

If you look over your shoulder you will see the guys in the striped shirts. They won’t tell you what to think or write. But if any remark or post goes over the line and gets personal, the flag will be thrown. It does not happen often, but when it does it will be dealt with. The Mods are here for all of you. If you see something objectionable, or just have a question, get a hold of one in private. We have loose reigns here so that all of us can be creative and voice opinions.
    Please do!
    Tuck

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

I didn’t catch the debates, Steve. Anyone worth voting for?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Yep Chris….the mod job is not easy…but it sure must be fun!!
    Don’t worry about me ….I can see that big WIDE stipe on the sides of the field….no outta bounds calls from me!!!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

beave.. when are you running for office.. you got my vote

I didnt watch the debates, nor will I be casting a vote this year. I dont get too caught up in the political propeganda, and I am really tired of the attack ads on tv for the couple hours I am home in a day… If all they can do is make attacks on others and not expess their own goals or interest.. its not worth my time.

*Kelly Wendlandt* .. are you beave’s sister by chance?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.