Hello Ladies and gentlemen!

• jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Can I come play with you guys on IDA? I got sand kicked in my eyes with the other kids.

KevinTurner
    MO & MN

Whadya ya do to git sand kicked at ya?

Ifn’ ya play nice…..We’ll let ya in….lol

How’s the new job goin’? KT

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Hey Jonny!

I’ve been “playing” a quite a bit over here too

big_g
    Isle, MN

We kick a little sand once in awhile, but we always end up sharing the toys anyways !!! Welcome !!!

big g

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

Whadya ya do to git sand kicked at ya?

Not enough I guess.

Kevin I was just thinking about you, I need to get the ducks back in row so I can order that River Pro. I was wondering, do you have invisable paint? I need to hide.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Welcome Jonny P!

Feel free to make a home for yourself here on IDA.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Jonny!

Have you talked with Jeff from Scenic Tackle? He has some left over from his last RP job.

Welcome back dude!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Can I come play with you guys on IDA? I got sand kicked in my eyes with the other kids.

Another muskie guy is always welcome

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Welcome Jonny!

The kids here play pretty nice with the exception of myself!

I don’t play well with the kids regarding posts about the Vikings (no offense,don’t trust the ownership yet) Glen Mason (blow hard that has brought nothing but AVERAGE football to the U,does not promote his program)Carl Pohlad (liar & low life) Denny Green (my favorite to rip!)and a few others.

I am a big supporter of hockey.

Seriously, this is a great site and James and the guy’s let us go as long as we don’t step over the line.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

Welcome Jonny!
    I don’t play well with the kids regarding posts about the Vikings

I like the new uniforms, they look like those Power Rangers cartoons.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

A sand throwing, muskie, River Pro want-a-be.

Welcome
    We have a great playground here.

Ron

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome Jonny!!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Jonny!

Is is about time you came over here to play!!!!!!

larry_haugh
    MN

Welcome aboard Mate!
    Is Johny P or Johny Freaking P. did we have the pleasure of crossing paths on the croix trying to get a boat off the rocks and a rope out of the engine? If not forgive me.
    Glad to have you.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome Jonny! Any friend of Gary’s… Well, welcome anyway!!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Nice to have yah…the more the merrier.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

Welcome aboard Mate!

Is Johny P or Johny Freaking P. did we have the pleasure of crossing paths on the croix trying to get a boat off the rocks and a rope out of the engine? If not forgive me.

Glad to have you.

It is Jonny P, unless I’m feeling extra big ego that day then it is Jonny Freaking P.

Ya that was me and Fishead. We were coming of the Croix with the River pro and seen a boat sending out distress signals. The motor died and they were getting swept into the rocks. Being the good natured man Fishead is he hooked up the River Pro and began trying to work the pleasure cruiser out of the rocks ( I would have let them hit the rocks, it would have sobered them up a little.) To make a longer story short the third mate fed to much rope out while getting positioned over the shallow rocks and it ended up getting pulled into the jet and stalling the motor on the River Pro. Now the River Pro is dead (a first) tied to the cruiser and heading to the rock piles. After a few frantic phone calls a small light bulb or maybe a candle went of in my head “Turn the flywheel on the motor backwards by hand and spin the rope back out of the jet”. Well it worked.

Flatcaster, we did appreciate you guys pulling up your rigs and anchors and coming to our aid, you get three cool points.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Who is Jonny P? I am getting all kinds inquiries so here it is.

I grew up the son of Upper Red Lake Guide Kelly P until I discovered Muskies. Once I seen that toothy grin I was obsessed with chasing Muskies, so bad I guided for them on Leech Lake, Mantrap, Plantan, Cass etc. etc. for several years and fished them on a professional level until I was turned on to rivers and the endless opportunities they present. The new found rivers, growing tired of playing games with the sponsors along with a move to the Twin Cities far from my beloved northern musky waters has forced the musky to take a back seat to river fishing and yes catfish, ( the musky community is not proud of me) I even sold the musky boat in efforts to set up a new river boat.

I still travel the state ice fishing trophy pike but the summers are now spent bouncing off logs and dodging rocks in my Mesopotamia or land of two rivers. (Minnesota and Sippi)

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Welcome Jonny P. It’s nice to have another experienced Muskie fisherman on the site!.. So…… You been fishin’ with jigs fer Muskies on the deep weedline lately? Please enlighten these folks on IDA with your expertise on the jig fishin’. It’s not been workng for me as of late on metro lakes, although I’ve found that usually this is the best time for said presentation. How’bout yourself? Any tips/new hints/lures/trailers…..Jig-A-Beast/Action Plastics/Reapers???????

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

I could go on for hours on jigs, just go to one of my seminars about it.

I like jigs year round. When they really shine is that following fish that won’t snap, wiggly jiggly makes em nuts.

My favorite combo is the Stick um’ jig with a big salt shaker shad swung like a pendulum of the rock edges.

Trouble with many guys and jigs is they work them to fast. Try hooking the body on sidways or “flat” like a minnow on its side and think walleye fishing. This will slow the bait down and make it plane out in the water creating a slower fall. Put the rod tip down and twitch the jig out of the weed bases then hop it down the drop back the boat nice n slow. Before you know it one of the lifts to hop it will get real heavy.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.