Austin’s got WALLEYES!!!!

• wallster
    Austin, MN

Finally, Austin has walleyes. The stocked three lakes/rivers in austin yesterday. This is somethin the area needed. The lakes/river have all but walleyes. Now we dont have to travel to Albert Lea. I think the walleyes will fair well as long as people release the smaller ones. Thanks to the help of John. The guy who owns johns bait in Austin. He help to get the DNR to stock the lakes.
    Wallster ><((((>

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The start of a new beginning!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

How many were planted and in which bodies of water?

mnwall
    austin

paper said 110 pounds in lake and 90 pounds in mill pond.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Eastside, mill pond, and ramsey mill pond.
    Wallster ><((((>

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

Walleyes in austin, its awesome! The paper said they stocked the three areas with several hundred pounds of walleyes, mostly weighing about 3/4 lb each. They stocked 169 fish in east side alone. I think they should have catch and release for a year or two….

vida

I thought this was a punchline to a joke. Austin? Walleyes? Forgive me, it’s still early in the morning. Those are just two things that I never thought I would hear together. I would have preferred this 20 years ago but better late than never.

vida

Quote:

Walleyes in austin, its awesome! The paper said they stocked the three areas with several hundred pounds of walleyes, mostly weighing about 3/4 lb each. They stocked 169 fish in east side alone. I think they should have catch and release for a year or two….

The good thing is that the people who know what a walleye looks like will do catch and release. Everyone else will probably be scared to death of this new creature.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Spam crusted walleye…..yummy!

BIGURN
    WYKOFF MN

NOW IF WE CAN JUST KEEP THE ZEBRA MUSSELS AND JUMPIN

CARP OUT THERE I’LL STILL HAVE A PLACE TO GO WHEN EVERYBODY IDEA OF FISHIN THE MISSISSIPPI IS RUNNIN

WIDE OPEN WITH YOUR NET UP IN THE AIR TO CATCH CARP.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.