I need advice

• maddog
    Park Rapids Mn.

I have a chance to buy a 1997 artic cat 600 ext. The machine is in new condition with 1800 miles on it.Anybody know anything about this sled? He’s asking only a grand for it. I have never owned a sled and don’t know beans about them. Any comments will help. Thanks Gene

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

That year and at the number of miles, sounds like a heck of a buy. Before you do, look at the track for any rot, take a look at BOTH clutches to make sure there is no abnormal wear(any grooves in the sheaths, weights are smooth, belt isn’t wore more on one side than the other). Those EXT’s were a pretty decent sled for the money. Pretty good power but nothing to pull your shoulders out. Good luck!
    Nate

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds like a buy. I would go through the carbs, if it hasn’t been used in awhile. With a 1000 miles, I would guess they could use a cleaning and kits.

big g

2Fishy4U

“I have never owned a sled and don’t know beans about them. Any comments will help. Thanks Gene”

Regardless of the qaulity of the sled, there isn’t a single mechanical thing on earth that requires more maintenance then a snowmobile. If you are good at replacing tracks, shocks, rebuilding carbs, installing studs, etc., it is probably a good buy.

If your not avoid it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.