Can Anyone Recommend a Good Toilet?

• dave_n
    Champlin, MN

I’m replacing my old toilet. I hate the one I have in the basement as it takes 2 or 3 flushes to work. Does anyone have a suggestion for one that really works? I’d be greatful.

Dave

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

they’re all pretty crappy.

way too easy, sorry
    ok got that out of my system

shaley
    Milford IA

Koler

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

There is one called the champion. It is awesome!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

“The Champion” by American Standard.

You’ll never need a plunger again. Guaranteed.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

They are readily available at Home Depot.

jbb
    Minneapolis area

Newer champion is good, early models had some serious quality issues

pickeral_boy

Hey is ther some law in MN outlawing 5 gallon flushers?

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Are you sure you just don’t need a water closet rebuild??

hunt4fun
    becker Minnesota

get one thats Pressure Assisted

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

you have to get one with a vaccum flush! like the ones they have on cruise ships and airplanes! those thing are the sh.. , but seriousley if you can figure out how to get one of those in the house you will be in business! you can even shoot the waste at the neighbors house { this post was not meant to harm or offend any one just for a good laugh} good luck on finding the new pot

elheldt
    N E Iowa

I have a crane toilet. It has a unit in the tank that holds 1.7 gal. of water under pressure. Had it for 3 years and will highlly recommend it. /the unit in the tank is called Sloan Flushmate.

Bassn Dan

The “Titan” by Eljer is rated #1 by Consumer Reports (August 2005 issue) and it works simply and quietly without a pressure assist by having a larger 2 1/8″ fully glazed trapway. You can check them out at Eljer.com. Menards also has sales on them fairly frequently for prices considerably less than Eljer’s website lists as “retail.”

We’ve had ours for six months and I haven’t flushed twice yet!

Dan

david_scott
    Twin Cities

WHy dont you just get one of those sensors while your at it that flush when you get off the pot.. You know the ones that are at the rest stops and the sensors start going out and your in the middle of doing your business and.. WWHOOOSSHHH!! You could get the matching stainless TP holder and the 9 mile long roll of sandpaper-like 1 ply paper.

Sorry guys.. couldnt resist.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

You guys really know your crappers. I had to go look to see what brand is in my house. They are Jacuzzi brand. They work fine, I guess. That is unless my son decides to try to flush a toy ball or God knows what else down it. This has happened three times now, the last time just last weekend. It was a container of my wife’s makeup. at least I got the satisfaction of it being her fault.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

The Champion has a plunger built into it. It has to flush modes. If it is #1 only flush the handle 1/2 way and it only dumps 1/2 of the tank.(saves water)

For #2 flush all the way and stand back so you don’t lose your shorts. Not even the wife has been able to back it up.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Tou could always hit White Castle a few times a week that would keep things slidin

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Can’t go wrong with a 5 gallon bucket.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

A good toilet is almost always the closest one. The one in my bathroom says Murray on it. I didn’t put it in and I don’t know if you can even get a Murray toilet any longer but I will say that it will flush most anything.

Eyehunter

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

You guys really know your crappers.

I Work for American Standard

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Hey is ther some law in MN outlawing 5 gallon flushers?

Isn’t that way many people flood to Canada to buy them?
    I did hear this on the radio a few years back.

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

I’ve recommended, spec’d, and had installed over 20,000 1.6 gpf toilets (as a company we’ve done over 200,000) in my line of work doing water conservation projects across the US in residential applications from various manufacturers so I may have a little input for you. I’ll try to put it in a nutshell here and stick to only a few brands.

For starters I would stay away from anything made by Crane!!! A number of distributors I’ve worked with have started to drop their lines over the last year due to bad performance and maintenance issues.

I’ll second Slop and say the American Standard Champion along with the Cadet 3 are good toilets and have very high Max Performance Ratings.

If your interested in a dual flush toilet any Gerber Ultra Dual Flush and Dual Flush toilets are also very good toielts.

For Kohler I would stick with the Cimmaron, Highline pressure assist or Wellworth pressure assist.

One other brand that comes to mind is a Toto. Nearly all of their toilets perform very well.

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

I may be wrong here but I think as of 1993 all new toilets installed in MN were required to be 1.6 gpf and meet ANSI/ASME standard requirements.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

I may be wrong here but I think as of 1993 all new toilets installed in MN were required to be 1.6 gpf and meet ANSI/ASME standard requirements.

Nope…your not wrong….It’s a federal reg.
    I think it was Al Gore’s project

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

So now we get our drugs and our toilets from Canada but don’ bring them your taters!!

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

Quote:

nope…your not wrong….It’s a federal reg.
    I think it was Al Gore’s project

I thought his project was inventing the internet…

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

The best I’ve found is the Wabasha Kwik Trip…it helps to be in the area though

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I also have the “Titan” by Eljer just put it in a couple of months ago and like Dan no one in my house has had to flush it twice, I got mine on sale at Menards.

Quote:

The “Titan” by Eljer is rated #1 by Consumer Reports (August 2005 issue) and it works simply and quietly without a pressure assist by having a larger 2 1/8″ fully glazed trapway. You can check them out at Eljer.com. Menards also has sales on them fairly frequently for prices considerably less than Eljer’s website lists as “retail.”

We’ve had ours for six months and I haven’t flushed twice yet!

Dan

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.