just alittle nervous

• jiganator

for god sakes, I posted last night about a new site in Minnesota with hunting, fishing, trapping, atving and snowmobiling and the web master deleted it by this morning.

Hey, I surf all over the net.

I like visiting and got friends on every site.

I think it was pretty poor taste to delete my thread

May just show how controlling the managment is here…too bad!

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Just relax…get a couple hundred posts under your belt first….you can’t come on here with 2 posts and start advertising another website….the “webmaster” as you call him pays for this site, would you like someone coming into your business and handing out free business cards for a competitor????

I think it’s in poor taste to come here and have your third post be one advertising another site.

And by the way, God’s is capitalized, specially on a Sunday!

stuart
    Mn.

Most of us love the way this site is managed.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Quote:

Yep, Yep, Yep!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Just relax…get a couple hundred posts under your belt first….you can’t come on here with 2 posts and start advertising another website….the “webmaster” as you call him pays for this site, would you like someone coming into your business and handing out free business cards for a competitor????

I think it’s in poor taste to come here and have your third post be one advertising another site.

And by the way, God’s is capitalized, specially on a Sunday!

Very well said
    Bret

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Damn Skippy

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

By far this is the best run site out there keep up the good work

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

May just show how controlling the managment is here…too bad!

Your post was blatant promotion.

We run the most un-censored, un-filtered site of its kind. Things that don’t fly anywhere else on the net are freely shared here. However, when a post is made for the sole purpose of promotion we do drop the hammer.

I feel this is a very fair way to run a site and it has worked well for us for nearly 5 years.

Some other sites I’m familiar with would have deleted your post, deleted your account and then denied you access from even reading the site again.

We are far from heavy-handed.

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Thanks James.
    This is my favorite site, lets keep it that way!

bj451
    saint michael minn

Havent we had bad expierences on every site! Having a post deleted is very minor! You should have talked to management before posting/ another site. I really like IDA but being a newby is hard on any site because people abuse it and ruin it for everyone. So there must be watchdogs. Thier not here to chase you away! But bad mouthing them isnt a good idea! Contact them in private!

bigshoots30
    Sartell, MN

Looks like the jiganator was properly hit by James-
    “The Terminator”
    And if the jiganator doesn’t return, I think we will have one less to deal with!
    Rules are rules jiganator, deal with it !

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Tell us how your REALLY feel WW

hee hee

I still say someone should make me moderator over all these 1 post people selling stuff….i’d make them give us fishing stories

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

I still say someone should make me moderator over all these 1 post people selling stuff….i’d make them give us fishing stories

Ya know Big D, your offer is greatly appreciated. However, I do believe that 99% of the members here, if not more do realize that the people who do come on here with their one-post classified, or their 3-post complaint or pot-stir, that those people have no credibility whatsoever. The majority blow them off and that poster is wasting their own time.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

With all due respect, delete the posts asap. Why let them make $$ of your site….i don’t like people “using” people….

guess it’s one of my great pet peeves

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Im with you Gary, i don’t even go to them when someone advertises them. By the way it sounds from the guys here describing how those are run and what they contain why would i even go there and check them out, i’ve got a pretty good idea already from others input. Maybe it sounds kinda bias but i don’t think the others are overstateing anything that isn’t true. Its pretty mellow here and thats why i come here.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

for god sakes, I posted last night about a new site in Minnesota with hunting, fishing, trapping, atving and snowmobiling

IDA covers all those catagories and more. Including the best fishing reports anywhere.

savage_tuna
    Savage, MN

James…You Da Man!!

I love this site, the way it is run…and the info that is shared. Pretty poor taste to whine after 2 or 3 posts. I haven’t posted a million times either but I wouldn’t have been such a wize-n-himer! Gotta go now and count my ringworms….

Tuna

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

Best Site by a long Site Hey gang?

BemmaB363
    Oakdale, MN

I’m new to this site as well and have had a great experience so far. I think this site is a phenomenal resource and so are the people that use it. The only way to gain any respect is to be respectful. That’s my two cents for whatever that’s worth!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Incredible throwing a fit for a post being deleted when it brakes one of the sites rules.. How is that being controlling? Should have just left it alone and drifted back to your original site that is so great and leave us alone with our controlling webmaster we have no problem with this site and I have been to other sites which I find to be more of a way for someone to make money off there members.. So JAMES you know what you are doing and you are doing it correctly and you have given us all a door to others and there knowledge.. I personally THANK YOU and all your selected moderators..

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I am still fairly new to this site I have joined other ones but this is the only one I check now. I think it is a great site with great members and I advertise this website to every body I talk to. After having my BrianK encounter I see that the people here are really as friendly as they sound!

I hope to see this website around as long a I am and longer!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

I think it is very unprofesional to try to use thi site to promote another simalar site, And then trying to bad mouth because it didnt work. But yet was still handeld in a very profesional way by IDA managment. I say you do a awsome job of keeping this site clean and fun , If that is controling then keep up the great work. And iam thinking no one else has a problem with it either the way everyone imediatly came to your defense.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

The only way to gain any respect is to be respectful.

This one is going in my quote list!

Outdoors4life…we have to stop meeting 100 feet away from each other in the river…

Note to the original poster… A great man said this a few years ago about this web site.

“you get out what you put in”…and that still holds true today.

Try to follow the few rules we have and you will be welcomed warmly like everyone else.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Its funny how you get upset that your advertisement was deleted.

The management of this site does a tremendous job maintaining a site that is used as much as this one is. I would be willing to bet they arent getting rich off it either as many members view and post for free. Try placing an ad anywhere else online and see what it costs you, it surely isnt free! As for IDA – keep up the great work seperating the real from the riff raff.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Keep up the good work guys. Do not change a thing!

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

James, As we get bigger the likelyhood of this type of thing increases. Just consider it growing pains and keep on truckin!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

There are other sites

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

There are other sites

Hee, hee…I got repremanded here at work the other day because of my great joy of this site . Don’t change a thing guys.

2Fishy4U

Keep surfing, but the folks that run this site do a great job.

If you want to buy, sell or trade anything on a personal level its hits the classified section and is absolutely free.

Marketing a business, especially for a newbee, is questionable, albeit I have wondered why certain firms are allowed to advertise and others aren’t.

With that said I suspect those folks, such as Evert’s, contribute a lot to this site.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I think this entire thing is a scam… I think Mr James Holst set up the original thread as well as this just to test the temp to see where all of us are at as far as his and his teams management skills.

Well, Mr Holst, has the head grown too big for the cap yet?

Great Job Anyway

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.