RED TOP ATV TRAIL

• hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Has anybody ridden the red top atv trail by Isle,Mn?
    Me and some buddies are heading up there tomorrow. Looks like it’s going to be pretty sloppy

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

Yeah i have 2 times its a lot of fun you will like it.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Yes, it’s not a bad place to ride. As the name suggests everything does a circle or loop. So maybe 4 hours of riding and you’ve done the whole thing. During the summer the place gets kind of busy but you should have it to yourself this weekend considering the weather.

You will ride an old railroad bed to get there and that gets kind of boring. The trail (Soo Line) passes a BP gas station on the edge of town on Hwy 47. You can get a map of the trails there or you can also get one at the DNR website

Have fun.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Thanks for the info. We already got a map from the DNR.
    Any good places nearby to get a good burger at lunch time?

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

There are a few options. We have run the Soo Line to Wahkon and gone to Muggs or there is the lounge in Isle or you could run the ditch up 47 and hit one of the resorts on the east side of Mille. Hit Hunters at lunch time and you may run into some IDA’ers.

birddog
    Mn.

I’ve taken it a couple times, nice trails. Like others said, doesn’t take long to run the whole loop. Traffic should be minimal. Stay on the trail and watch your speed, both are enforced!

BIRDDOG

big_g
    Isle, MN

Pat’s in Isle has good burgers, as does Dari VI. About 100 yards south of the trail on the east & west side of 47.

big g

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Thanks again

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Just completed the run on Red Top Trail. Boy am I beat! 5 of us went and we had a blast sloshing in all the mud and water. Would have been nicer if the rain would have let up, but we didn’t have to eat any dust. Only got a few pictures cause I didn’t want to wreck my new digital camera in the rain. Can’t downsize them small enough to post. I know there’s people on IDA who can. Will send them to you if you want to post them for me. Also thanks for the tip on eating at Pats. The burgers were great!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.