Vietnam War Memorial Dedication – Pierre SD

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Here are a couple pics from this past weekend in Pierre, SD. It’s the dedication to the Vietnam War memorial. My parents attempted to get up close, but they just couldn’t given the crowd size.

kooty
    Keymaster

Here is a picture of the name of one soldier from my home town who made the ultimate sacrifice.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m told it’s a rather sobering sight. I hope to someday see the full memorial on the east coast. Thanks to all who have and are serving!!!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

my bro in law was there at the memorial. he may be going back to iraq for his second tour.

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

My parents work in Fort Pierre and went to the memorial. They said it was one of the greatest events they have been to. Big and Rich flew in and sang their single “8th of November”. Here is the link to the memorial homepage. http://www.sdvietnamwarmemorial.com/

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

Thanks to all who have and are serving!!!

It just can not be said enough. Thanks troops!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

The inspiration of the memorial is incredible, breath taking, and quite tear jerking to be honest.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

I agree Gary,

Went to see it when I was stationed at Andrews AFB.

Hard to put into words.

Thankyou to all that have served and all that serve in there hearts.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Wow!
    If that doesn’t put a lump in your throat, nothing will…

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Awesome….it’s just awesome. That’s all I can say.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Coming home from Nam was a time I will remember the rest of my life. We did not feel welcome but events like the memorial dedication helps in the healing. Thanks to all who have finally welcomed us home. Support of our troops is so important. Every young man and women who is serving their country deserves nothing short of our total support now and when they return home. God bless America!!!

putzy1973
    Mankato Minnesota

I just saw this on Sunday when it was in Cannon Falls MN. My dad and I went to the Viking game and then met my uncle. My uncle was very “touched” and somewhat emotional since it was me, my uncle, and my dad. They were both over there and thankfully made it back.

If you ever get a chance, go to DC and see all the monuments. It is amazing!

It does bring a lump to your throat. I cannot say it enough to all Vets….. THANK YOU!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.