Great photo Bobber!

• Anonymous

Cool photo on the main page there Bobber!
    Is that am “Ice Buster” bobber you are using in the photo? Dave Hoggard

Anonymous

Bobber, the reason I ask is because in the photo the bobber looks like one…. red and yellow… I got some and have not had the chance to use them yet. I am just wondering if they do a good job on ice.
    Anybody out there using these? They are foam and can be trimmed to exact lingth for weight…. look to be a very cool tool as slip-bobbers go.
    Dave Hoggard

Anonymous

Yes Hawger,
    These are great and there called Icebuster Bobbers. They come in 2 sizes and like you said can be trimmed to fit the application.
    I’ve been using them a couple seasons now and just love um!

Anonymous

I have had some positve results from the wave buster bobbers from this spring. They handle very well in the heavy waves, and stay put while other larger profile bobbers tend to walk with the waves!!

Here is a pic!
    I am excited to try them this winter.

Anonymous

This will be my second season using them. I talked the creator at the walleye expo last year. He seemed like a great guy who was sick of his slip knots freezing to the bobber. I personally won’t use the traditional bobber any longer. One of the features I like best is the ability to easily clip them on/off your line. The ones Deezee referred to work well at night also, just stick one of the chem light sticks in the end and your set for a night of fishing. Once you try them, you’ll never go back.

Anonymous

Where can a guy pick some of those up? I had a friend give me a couple 2 years back and I set them up for different weights. I’d have to agree with the consensus and rave about the ice buster bobber! I’d like to get some of those wave busters!!

Anonymous

Hey Hawger, go check out the product review I did on these bobbers…….last winter while up on Red Lake we took these pics for the review. I think they work great, less freeze up’s! http://www.icebusterbobbers.com

Anonymous

Since you asked, you can get them at Gander Mountain. ;-) Of course every other sporting goods store likely carries them. I think the EFN outlet store has them?? I thought I saw a link to them the other day. The bobbers aren’t cheap, $2.99 for the large and $2.49 for the smaller ones, but a tool that works this well is sure worth it to me.

Anonymous

About a $1.20 for small and $1.80 large at Cabela’s for the ice buster bobber. I used these for three years. I got the first one’s before they were in stores from a relative of the creator. They work great and instead of using split shot you can just trim off the bobber foam to get the right balance for the jig your using.

Anonymous

One other great thing about them, is after you trim the bobber….keep the trimmed part and if you change jig sizes you can heat up the bobber with a lighter and the two pieces will mold back together. So now you have a full length bobber again.

Anonymous

Great idea Sean!! I’ve not tried that one yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.