Alaska (pix)… I survived!!!!

• ms75449
    Lake City, MN

Very cool pictures. They fueled my desire to visit Alaska… it’s the only state I have not visited. Thanks for sharing!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

ok… this should “seal” your fate….. this guy was laying on ice near that glacer you have already seen…. there were hundreds of these guys just lazing away on that nice cool ice….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

strange stuff in those tidal pools… if you get a chance to walk them at low tide its kinda fun….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Fall Tundra… in Denali National Park….

iceman62
    Baldwin, WI

Awesome pics rivereyes. Looks like a great time to be had in Alaska. Maybe that will be the next family trip.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

jsut some run of the mill alaskan scenery on the kenai…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

your basic mountain lake on the kenai…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

oh… last but not least… one of the most awesome tours I took was the 1.5 hour over flight of mount mckinely/denali… its really hard to appreciate the scope of mckinely… its gigantic… with the rain I thought Id never get the chance.. but on the last day it cleared enough that I took the flight out of talkeetna… it was amazing… this is just ONE of the 5 glaciers that comes off from Mckinely.. .this is seen from 12,000 feet… the glacier looks like a road… but its many miles wide… seen in real like its just aweseomly huge…. you just cant believe how big alaska is.. and getting up in a small plane over the alaska range of mountains is just to awesome to convey…

oh.. thats all for now… I took over 4000 shots up there… but of course only a fraction of them are worth anything… but this is a pretty good sampling of what I got…. it will take a while to get through them all… Ive been back since the start of september and its taken me this long just to get a start… being gone for 3 weeks really puts you behind in your “real” life… while in Alaska the freedom was tangible.. you never worried about anything (except your next meal… and hoping that a bear wouldnt get a little TOO close lol)

we flew to seattle…. took a shuttle to bellingham washington… jumped on the milk run of the alaska state ferry and ran all the way up the inside passage stopping at every city… we took a fast ferry back to juneau and flew to anchorage… rented an RV and just drove around there for 13 days… we could have easily stayed longer… alaska even in the rain is amazing and you just never knew what was going to happen next… or what wonderful sight you might see….. there are waterfalls everywhere… we saw lots of rainbows… more than I probably saw in the whole rest of my life…! wildlife wasnt “thick” but when you went looking for it you could find it fairly easily…. scenery was everywhere… mountains… rivers… tundra… forests…. oceans.. well… just about everything….

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Great pictures, brings back so many wonderful memories. I lived and guided on the Susitna River flowage, out of Houston. Did you make it up that way, around Wasilla and Palmer?? The Matanuska Valley is really a beautiful area. The trip you took is a trip of a lifetime, I know will charish the memories, I know I do.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Gorgeous pics and Beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.

God Bless America!

SKEREEP
    Red Wing, MN

Thank you, River Eyes.

brandy
    Minneapolis, MN

Absolutely amazing pictures!! I’ve always wanted to go to Alaska, but now I have to!!!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Those are beautiful. What a great area. And to think people scoffed at “Seward’s Folly” that was purchased from Russian for 7.2 million. Less than what Torii Hunter will make this year.
    Thanks again for sharing your talents!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I can say that I am speachless and aslo in awe of the beauty that Alaska has. now I have added that in my wanna go and see places.

shane

nascarfan
    stillwater,minnesota

AWESOME PICS. MAYBE SOME DAY I CAN MAKE IT THERE.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Rivereyes you are the man!
    I have to agree with Ryan if you ever put your collection into a book I will be waiting in line to buy it! I was just thinking of you the other day. I was thinking I had not seen anything lately and hoped you did not leave the site. Watch out for those bears we want to keep seeing those awesome pictures.

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

THANKS for sharing, AWSOME as usual Yep, I can verify his saying the glaciers are really that blue, it is incredible. Seeing these pics makes me yearn to go back. We took a helicopter up on a glacier and a mountain, spectacular, words can’t really describe the view and feelings of being there.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Absolutely stunning. Alaska is one destination that I must see.

Thanks Rivereyes.

Jami

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Awsome pictures Ken, the blue glaciers is mindblowing and the scale of everything is phenomonal, thanks for showing them

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Those are some fantastic photos. When I was up there a few years ago, I woke up every morning, looked out the door, and thought I was in the most beautiful place in the whole world.

Thanks for the great photos and for bringing back some great memories

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Ken,

Those are some absolutely amazing photos. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Any chance I could get some high res photos of those bears for a screensaver?

Unbelievable pictures Ken!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Wow, Very Cool

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

My favorite place to go in the whole world!

Your pictures really bring the memories back from a vacation Nancy and I took there a few years back. Gotta get back there again soon.

Thanks for sharing those great pictures.

Joel

col._klink
    St Paul

Wow thanks for sharing!

Stunning

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

thanks for all the great comments and support…. I actually am thinking about producing a coffee table style book…. and if that works out I will be producing one regularly…. I just need some information on publishing costs… since it would be crazy to try and sell books that cost me $30 per book to produce…. Id have to charge something like like at LEAST $50 per book to sell them anywhere except on my own….. and no one would be wanting to pay that kind of price! so what it comes down to is how much it costs me to produce them… If I cant get published… I have to produce them on my own…..
    I could also look into a screen saver sort of option… there seems to be some requests there…..
    selling prints is a pretty tough road though… I have a few in galleries… and have sold a few hundred $ worth this year…. and its even tougher sledding doing those art fairs… I KNOW a lot of THOSE photographers…. man… thats a lot of time sitting around doing nothing… for little gain…. Id rather be fishing… or shooting more pix…. anything but sitting there trying to make a couple of $…..

S2000
    MN

Rivereyes, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
    It is late and I just got home from Orlando(not a “true ” FLA experience) on business. I always check the general discussion forum and look for your contributions. It was a great gift to see your AK pictures and read your commentary (which is almost as adept as your photography skills).

Thank you for sharing you gift with us. As you can tell from all the response, your efforts are truly appreciated.

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Thanks Rivereyes. I needed that fix. I camped a few days near that falls on the russian river 51 years ago. I was stationed at Whittier for 18 months. I even enjoyed the winters and their beauty.~~~Gene

MadJack
    St. Paul, MN

Very cool. With the clarity of those shots, I would think that it should be easy to find someone to publish them, but like you say there are a lot of people out there shooting (photos). Good Luck and keep us posted on the publishing progress.

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

Unbelievable photo’s. looks like heaven

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.