Ultimate Fishing Trip

• Anonymous

If you could take a fishing trip anywhere, what would it be????

Marlin? Peacock bass? Halibut? Sturgon?

Anonymous

Mine is a toss up…..

Marlin off of Australia or Halibut in Alaska…..

Anonymous

I think a week with Dan from Oregon during the October full moon would be fun. With walleyes in the teen’s possible , a trophy of a lifetime could be CPR’d. Then I would get a repro done.
    Second choice would be a week with James , Dustin or Dee Zee chasing hog walleyes.
    Dino

Anonymous

Halibut (and others) in Alaska or Marlin in Cabo.

Anonymous

I’ll go with the Halibut. Not only would they be great fun to catch but they are the best tasting fish that I have ever ate.
    I wonder if we could get a group rate from Greyhound.LOL Steve

DONOTDELETE

Mine would be a two week span of uninterrupted time, mid-march, on pool 4 of the Mississippi River to hunt down a 14 Lb walleye which to this day has eluded me. Can’t do it right guiding so much and that peak time frame of opportunity passes so quickly… once its gone, I’m stuck waiting for another year!!! Last spring guiding full-time and the hunt about killed me when pneumonia set in…lol I know where she lives… I just need more time to sweet talk her into taking the bait.

That my friends, is what I would do and where I would go, if I could do anything. Honestly.

Anonymous

Great question, the Alaska halibut trip is fantastic plus you can chase kings in the rivers. I guess I can not pinpoint an specific body of water, just anywhere trophy eyes roam.

Anonymous

Right now I’d settle for 50-60 degree weather and a week on pool four. I don’t want to have to put my boat away.

Anonymous

Gator Hunting in Saskatchewan Ca.

The thought of a Monster Slimer on the end of my line, running,jumping and thrashing at the side of my boat really gets my blood pumping…….

DONOTDELETE

ecnook

You need to spend some time talking to SKPike. Over 50″ pike on light tackle!! Lake Wallaston (sp?)

Anonymous

Anywhere?? HUH, that’s not an easy decision. I would like to fish Erie for the spring piggies, Columbia river for the fall bite, Alaska halibut/king trip, Amazon river peacocks, Sakakawea for monster gators, Mille lacs fall bite and Pool 4 spring or fall. All would be great, I’d take any one of them. After a summer without a boat though, I’ll take just about anything. Bring on the ice.

Anonymous

A trip across a PWT tournament stage carrying the winning – biggest basket of tournament.It really doesn`t matter to me where although Erie,Devils lake ,or Detroit River would be nice cause it would be an impressive basket to say the least.I just hope to say someday that I had beat the best in the game.I guess I am a competition junky.LOL Brett

Anonymous

Well I think of a previous fishing trip to Athabasca fishing Lodges when I here the question of a ultimate fishing trip!!!!!! I don’t know where I could go to top this trip?

I had a “once in a life time” trip there back in June of 1995. On this trip I had the opportunity to catch my largest northern of 44 1/2 inches. We caught numerous pike in the 20 lb+ range….Walleyes,Walleyes and more walleyes nothing huge,but many. We fished Lake Trout on a Lake called Fontain just south of the 60th parallel. This lake was full of Lake Trout. The largest that I put in the boat might have been around 15 lbs. My fishing partner on this trip was Charlie Clausen, he caught the largest trout at 44 inches long……….we did’nt have a fish scale big enough to weigh the fish! We caught some dandy Artic Grayling also…..”What a trip”

This trip lasted a total of 9 days including flight time. Just making this post I am getting excited about the great time I had!

I would recommend a trip to Lake Athabasca to anyone looking for the “Ultimate Trip”

Anonymous

Hey Bobber, when I hit all 6 numbers I’ll hire you as my guide there for as long as our arms will hold out

Anonymous

Ultimate fishing trip??? Can I have 3 choices? lol Amazon Peacock bass ( I have fished them in inland lakes in Venezuela but not the giants of the rivers), Tarpon either Costa Rica or Key West and Pig Muskies in northern MN or Canada. I am fortunate to guide possibly the ultimate smallmouth water. 14 lb walleye for James, now that is a cool goal. I have done 13 but no 14 here either. Ok, Lgemouth fishing in Cuba??
    Chris Beeksma
    EFN Pro Staff

Anonymous

I think I’d have to agree with ecnook on the monster pike trip and cbeeksma on the tarpon. Those are two trips I’ve been dreaming of. Also, a week or so on the Columbia chasing 17lb. walleyes! Dinosaur, we’ll have to organize something with Dan(or)!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.