exhaust/test pipe

• livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

I have a 95 silverado and my cat has gone to hell on it. anyone know if it would work to run a test pipe through? I heard that it would work for one older than a 95 from someone, and another person told me older than a 96 because thats when they started the vortec…will it screw with the computer or what?
    thanks

dkremer99
    Central City, IA

you shouldn’t have any problems with you computer I cut my cat of and ran true duals just left the oxygen sensor in one pipe and I have no problems.

Dan

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

The 95s, or pre-Vortec just have one oxygen sensor and its before the cat. After the Vortec came out, there are O2 sensors after the cats too, so a little more trouble. Its not 100% legal, but you can cut it out with no problems, but you probably will have to do it yourself. None of the muffler shops around here will take them out, due to legal issues.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

The 95s, or pre-Vortec just have one oxygen sensor and its before the cat. After the Vortec came out, there are O2 sensors after the cats too, so a little more trouble. Its not 100% legal , but you can cut it out with no problems, but you probably will have to do it yourself. None of the muffler shops around here will take them out, due to legal issues.

It’s not even .01% legal, but it can easily be done on could probably figure out a way to keep cel lights off too, fairly easy.

BIGURN
    WYKOFF MN

DARELLS MUFFLER IN ROCHESTER.CASH NO PAPER TRAIL.THEY’LL
    DO ANYTHING.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Easiest way to fix the problem is what we did in a shop I used to work at.
    Still illegal but looks legal,remove the cat take and knock out the guts which is like ceramic and after it is emptied out put back on. Anyone look under there it’s there just not a working legal unit.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

My muffler on the truck fell off somewhere so I bought a new one. In the process of putting it on I saw the exhaust pipe was junk and noticed their was no convert on it from a previous owner. Went to a muffler shop to get fixed up and as mentioned they said no way without a new converter. In the end they did measure and manufacture a exhaust pipe with the kinks in then I took it home and assembled it myself so if you can’t find someone to install one you might go the route I had to take.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.