Ice Fishing Season/Fishing Information

• Anonymous

Before we know it the Ice Fishing Season will be here. Do you have all your gear cleaned and in tip top shape and ready to catch some fish from below the ice? Do you have everything you need for the ice fishing season? Do you have a favorite, or maybe several favorite, bodies of water that you could share info on during the ice fishing season. Do you want to learn more about different bodies of water and what lakes are hot and which ones aren’t? Then lets all share our info on the FTL site this winter and we can make this “the source for your ice fishing info.” We can ALL make it happen by making some post on what we see, hear, find, and catch each week. Please feel free to post as often as you like. Thanks.

Anonymous

Wow.. it is that time huh? The weather has been so great I kinda have forgot.

I pulled out my three portables and sprayed WD-40 on the hinges… places them and my ice roda to the front og the garage and moved all the summer stuff to the back. Gotta move the Vexilar to the winter bracket and mount it in the ice fishing carry-all…. so… I could be ready to go in about 30 minutes!

Any chance on all us FTL guys having a “get-togeather” somewhere real “cool” … when it gets to be good ice? I would love to do something like…. Splake or Trout through the ice… or something exotic…. ????

Hawger

Anonymous

Great tips on equipment Bill, now is the time to make sure everything is ready to go. As you spend the last few days in the boat make sure you note where you are picking up fish. They will be in the same area at first ice!

Anonymous

Yep I’ve been watching you with Bino’s.Now I know where they will be if the ice get real thick tonight. LOL Now don’t go wishing for ice to soon. Maybe we can get out and catch a few more from the boat. Steve

Anonymous

I’ve been spoolin’ line, buying new rods, oiling the reels etc… I was very pumped about ice fishing until last Saturday. I got to spend the morning down at Red Wing. Now I’m not quite ready ice….. Not til December anyway.

Anonymous

Something huge has happened in the past 5 years in ice fishing and it is only getting better. Ice rods that act/feel like our open water rods. We had Thorne Bros in Mpls making custom ice rods for years and major manufacturers finally realized that the avg ice fishermen would pay upwards of $20.00 for a “good” ice rod. Berkely,Frabill, First Ice, South Bend etc all came out with high end ice rods. Now St. Croix Rods has joined ranks with an awesome line of Avid ice rods. Solid graphite blanks and graphite Tennessee handles should make these rods a tightliners dream come true. I cant wait to try them out on the ice. Please be safe on early ice.
    Chris Beeksma
    EFN Pro Staff
    getbitguideservice.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.