Boat comparisons, your thoughts and opinions!

• fisherman-j
    Northern MN

I’ve had my Lund 1800 Fisherman for three years and it’s been a great family and fishing boat. I have a friend with a 1850 Sportfish and he enjoys his boat too.

In a shameless self-promotion, my Lund 1800 Fisherman is for sale in the classifieds . . .

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’ve been running an Alumacraft Trophy for the last three years and it is a great combo boat (fish/ski).

Don’t forget to measure the garage you’ll keep this in! I bought a boat, brought it home, and had 5 inches clearance total (2.5 per tire). If I had bought one size bigger boat, it would not have fit.

Sometimes dumb luck is better than no luck at all!

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ll kick in my 2 cents. Know lots of folks that have bought boats from LaCannes – couldn’t be happier with price and service.

I bought a used Trophy 19 with a 115 HP – way underpowered. Put a 150/SS prop on and the setup is very well matched. Having a windshield, canvas top/sides really has come in very handy over the years with kids. Keeps them dry and warm for those long rough cold rides to the other side of the lake. Great boat for fishing, tubing, cruising, etc. Also, never known anybody that wished they had a smaller boat either.
    Good luck.

Hunter88
    Oakdale, MN

I think all of the boats you mentioned are quality products. Pick the boat that fits you the best and a dealer that is close and customer-service orientated, because you’ll be making a few trips back there. They almost never get them rigged entirely right the first time.

putzy1973
    Mankato Minnesota

Thanks again for all the responses! Everyone has been very helpful!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.