Unbelievable Over-Limit.

• Anonymous

It’s sad to know that for each person caught there are more out there that get away with it.

Anonymous

I got to chuckel when I read that ladies comment at the end of the article

Anonymous

The penalty was not severe enough. There should have been something done that would have forced them to return for the court date. Even though the tougher law will not go into effect until 2003 , I think the boat or a vehicle could have been held along with the fine money. Their priviledge to fish in Mn. should have been suspended for a long time also.
    Gee , think about their cost per pound….
    Dino

Anonymous

I posted a comment, I’m not sure it will get published. I had to laugh at how naive the lady’s comment was too. Ya, it’s always those darn Iowan’s stealing our resources. It’s never the locals that go fishing everyday and take home their limit….. All we can do is help patrol each other, and eventually we’ll weed out all the slobs.

Anonymous

Waterfowler is right , if poachers know they are being watched by other anglers it may change their mind. Another common thing I run into is locals saying, ” I have to get out and fill my freezer”. More times than not they are aware of daily limits but not possession limits. Usually a friendly reminder is all that is needed.

Anonymous

Does anyone have the text of the new law?

I’m sure we all have our opinions about whether the fine was tough enough, but confiscation of property is an invitation to disaster. If Minnesotans desire stiffer penalties, make them stiffer. The article doesn’t make clear whether the $2200 is a penalty (fine) or is meant for restitution. Seems there is a significant difference.

Anonymous

They should have kept their boat until the court date! And they could have had it back afterwards…
    Tuck

Anonymous

Damn cheap Iowans.

Anonymous

Hey BFD, kinda reminds ya of the old striped whistler joke. Right?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.