2001 Silverado Anti-lock brake pump?

• ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

My pump stays running all the time wether the truck is on or not, right now I have the fuse out and running without the anti-lock. Has anyone had this problem and if you did how did you fix it?

Ed

glb
    Twin Cities

Yep, my ’99 did it about 3000 miles out of warranty. It took a trip to the dealer shop to replace the anti lock brake unit under the driver’s floor. By the way GM stood behind it. If you are good with a wrench and can find the exact component to change, you might be able to do it cheap. If not, the unit was $800 plus a couple hundred in labor in 2001.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Sounds right. We did a few of them when I was still working on cars, and the $800 plus labor sounds exactly right.

herb
    6ft under

That’s why most people I know will leave them disabled when they go bad.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Yea, I pulled the fuse under the hood but my brake light and ABS light stays on in my dash, it’s a little annoying but I guess 2 strips of black tape would be cheaper.

Ed

troy_vinson
    South Beloit ,Illinois

i beleive there is a recall on that year and model. Call your local dealer. My 2001 suburban has the same brake parts. Without the recall it would have cost me 2800.00 for everything. abs sensor is 800.00 bucks. My ABS sensor went bad because my hubs in front went bad. The EBCM electronic brake control module was 1300.00 . Like I say. I am glad for that recall.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I called the dealer because I had heard of a recall for the states in the snow belt, and they said
    Iowa wasn’t one of the states in the recall, I always thought
    Iowa was in the snow belt,

Ed

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

I always thought Iowa was in the snow belt,

Ed

Didn’t one of your buddies in Wisconsin or Minnesota buy it? Now then it should be covered. I think southern Wisconsin doesn’t get any more snow than you do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.