Need your advice on 2000 Alumacraft TP 175

• Anonymous

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2000 Alumacraft Tournament Pro 175 w/ a 80 Yamaha four stroke tiller, Minn kota 24 volt trolling motors on front and back, Lowrance X-85, Hummerbird Flasher, Marine Radio, Air Ride Seats + casting seat, rod holders, wave wackers, Eagle portable GPS, Shorelander Trailer & boat guides for $14,250.

Is this a fair price?
    Do you guys have any advice on buying from a private party?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Anonymous

The 175 TP w/yamaha 80 4 stroke will most likly be my next boat. I fish Mille Lacs 99% of the time, and am a tiller guy! The Alumacraft 2XB hull is one of the best aluminum hulls on the market today. I have a 1997 Alumacraft competitor with the 2XB hull and it has held up great in the lake conditions I’ve been in…….
    As far as buying this boat from a private party, I would look around at thier other personal items or “toy’s” and check thier condition…..if they have kept things well maintained would be easy to pick-up on…..as far as the price, it might be on the high side…..but you are getting a fare number of nice ass’y……..it all adds up.

Anonymous

You’re going to love that boat. I have a 1998 tourney Pro 175 tiller witha 75 merc 2 stroke. the only thing I would change about the boat is the motor. the 80 yammy would be my first choice. the price sounds real fair if the boat is in good condition. don’t forget to check out the trailer good too. If the guy didn’t take care of the rig, it will show up there too.
    Good Luck, it sounds like a great rig!

theskindog

I have a 1999 TP175 with a 75 Honda. I love it. Plenty of room and handles waves good. I used to hate fishing in 2-3 foot waves in my old boat. Now I look forward to it. Good walleye chop!
    YOU WILL ENJOY IT!

MuskyMidget
    White Bear Lake, MN

I fished out that exact set-up on LOTW for 7 days this past summer.

I was very impressed how well that boat handled the waves.

Can’t determine if the price is fair or not since I personally own a Crestliner and don’t know what Alumas are going for.

Matt Beulke

Anonymous

Matt,

Were you heading south on 494 yesterday?? I saw a black Dodge pulling a Cliner with a muskynut.com sticker on it.

MuskyMidget
    White Bear Lake, MN

H20 fowler:

That was not me. It must’ve been my musky tourney partner since we are the only ones with those stickers on our trucks.

It’s kind of funny. You’d be amazed at how many people notice that sticker and comment on it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.