Rod holder advice

• 4blade

I am setting up a new boat and with the design of the boat I need rod holders with a 6″ extension. I am looking for any suggestions. Thanks

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I believe RAM makes an extension for their rod holders and so does Fish On rod holders.

Ben

4blade

Have you heard of problems of them wobbling with the extensions?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I had the Fish On ones on my last boat and thought they worked great. I had them for 2 years and never had any kind of problems.

Ben

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

what kind of boat is it? i like downeast rod holders. they are the strongest ones on the market today, bar none. i have mine mounted on a pursuit track system. due to the width of the gunwals i too needed to extend mine about 6″ also………….tom fellegy

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I run Scotties with extensions and love them.. They are solid as a rock.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

I run Scotties with extensions and love them.. They are solid as a rock.

Are you using the plastic extensions? I think I paid $10 for mine and would agree they are sturdy….today at Fleetfarm I saw some Scottie extensions that looked like they were part stainless? those were $15 a piece……

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I saw the metal ones but I have the plastic.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Maybe I should start a thread of my own, it there such thing as universal rails that I could add to my boat? apparently they do not make rails specifically for my boat. According to Ranger anyways. I’m sure I don’t need rails any longer than 2-3 feet, I just want to use some rail mounted rod holders, maybe a couple other attachments.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Nick,

You can buy a “universal rail” in 2 or 3 feet sections. We just put a pair of 3 footers on my dads boat. I would think these would be a fairly common item.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Where did you get them?

4blade

It is a smokercraft stinger. The gunwhale is 5″ above the top of my built in storage which is were I would have to install them with a flush mount base.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.