Taken from FTR…
    Hawger

Dave G
    FTR Regular

Reged: 06/19/01
    Loc: Rochester, MN
    Product Review Suggestion
    08/05/02 07:52 AM (209.163.11.62) Edit Reply

I have not read every review in the “EFN Product Reviews” nor in the “Shop Talk Forum” so this suggestion may not apply to all posters. I see that the most reviews are almost 100% positive about whatever product is being reviewed. After reading several reviews, I thought I was reading advertisements from the manufactures, not product reviews.

I like to know about both the “good” and the “bad” points of whatever product I am looking into – something like the “Consumer Reports” magazine. Then I can make the judgment as to what good/bad points are important to me.

Suggestion: When reviewing a product, spend as much time pointing out the limitations or bad points of a product as you do the good points. It may give your review more creditability.

Dave Gulczinski

Post Extras:
    Hawger
    EFN Pro-Staff Director

Reged: 08/28/01
    Loc: Owatonna, MN
    Re: Product Review Suggestion [re: Dave G]
    08/05/02 09:05 AM (216.114.202.96) Edit Reply

Thanks for the imput…
    I just did my latest review on the Walleye Willospoon… after reading your post, I may go and change it some.
    Self serving it is… as I am the Willospoon’s creator… but please, check it out here…
    http://www.fishthelake.com/prod_reviews/index.asp?staffid=39&prodid=8

Yes, there are downsides to the Walleye Willospoon that I can and should ddress… it falls so, so, so, slow! Too darn slowly… for anyone with a “tournament mintality” … that is in a hurry to catch deep fish. Adding a weight to the virticle approach just is not the answer, it kills the effect and can cause the lure to foul the line. Another downside is that this lure must be used on smaller lines or new super lines to be casted without weights or bobbers. It is very light. I can cast it great distances with 6 or 8lb. Trilene XL… but casting it on 12lb. or 14llb. would not work very well for distance. Also, finding the glow and newer prism colors in the Willospoon is super tough, as they are not available in many retail outlets. That makes it hard for guys to find anyway… so… I put them here in the EFN Outlet Store in kits… all the colors.
    Yes…Thanks, I do see your point… Hawger

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.