ROWAN LAKE

• Anonymous

I’ll be fishing Rowan Lake August 21st to August 28, wondering if anyone has fished that lake, and have any pointers for me. This is the first time on Rowan, and I’m curious what I’m getting myself into!!

Anonymous

Reefhawg, you will enjoy fishing Rowan. I havent been there for a few years but will share what I know. I have a great marked map but it is very expensive to copy lol. Anyway, without looking at the map so direction may be off, to the right of the lodge (Pursh”s)
    which I think is North to northeast is clearer lake trout water. We saw some big fish up there but caught all of our fish in the more stained water near the resort and to the south and west. We fished deep weeds and rocks during the day mainly to locate fish. You will have follows all day long and not see a fish under 40 inches. We caught all of our fish but one after dark. Hot colors were the ticket in bucktails and jerkbaits. Best surface baits were Hawg busters and jackpots. History is Red and Yellow hair and big Eagle tails but we saw most of our fish on natural colors. Look into going into Fog lake which is attached. Awesome water. I will have to find my map in next couple days and if you want to email me we can share some info. i may be able to scan parts of it and send them to you. Let me know.
    Chris Beeksma I did hook one fish in the mid 30 lb range and saw another over 40 lbs so the pigs are there.

Anonymous

Thanks for the INFO!!! If it wouldn’t be too inconvenient, I sure would appreciate it if you could fax me anything you can as far as your maps go…My fax number is 608-637-3380…I’m waiting anxiously to get there. I’m leaving Saturday for week fishing the Big Chip, just a tune up for when we had to Rowan. Again thanks alot for the info. Have a good one

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.