This Past Weekend BB/BS Day and EFN Get Together

• Anonymous

[ I cut and pasted a couple post from the FTR General Discussion board to shate some info on this. Bill ]

THe weekend was great for everyone! Friday big brother/big sister was just a blast! Every boat caught tons of fish. All kids left with big smiles of their face. However, kids had one problem. They all left hanging one arm close to the ground. That is because lots of sponsors came through with lots of goodies for the kids to take home. Wagner, gave them tackle boxes and filled them up with MIster Twister plastics, Mepps spinners, Berkely fishing line, Rebel lures, salmo crank baits and much more. Every kid left with big smiles. As for Saturday the morning bit was great. The guys that got first and second weighed in walleyes at 5.3 and 5.2. The bass was won with little over 3 lbs. The rain was hard for a while but then warmer then a pistol a couple of hours later. What a great event. Oh yeah! Mavzer was the only entry in the catfish division and won it with 33 inche channel.

Fireflick
    EFN-Pro-Staff
    River Guiding Services
    [email protected]

Post Extras:
    Bill Cadwell
    EFN Pro-Staff

Reged: 12/12/01
    Loc: Rochester, Minnesota
    Re: how’d the weekend GO ? [re: fireflick]
    07/21/02 12:15 PM (67.233.96.62) Edit Reply

FANTASTIC!!! Is how the BB/BS Day went on Friday. If you could of seen the look on those kids faces when they saw those huge tackle boxs with built in radios and then saw the 2 picnic tables full of tackle plus free rods and reels you would understand how good it felt to be a small part of it. The sponsors came through in an unreal way to help those kids have a great time. Then they got to go fishing in boats anywhere from my 16 1/2 ft. Lund with a 90 hp motor, Lund Pro Vs with 150s and big Alumacrafts and lots of big Crestliners with 115s up to 175 hp. motors to a 19ft. Ranger with a 200 hp. motor. These kids had a blast. And for lunch there was brats and chips and pudding and kool aid and all sorts of goodies. Everyone chipped in and everything ran very smooth. I would like to Thank the guys who really made everything run smoothly, who without their help, hard work and dedication it wouldn’t of gone as great as it did. I’m talking about the people from the FTR message board who volunteered to help launch boats, park cars, help load and unload boats with people, set up things, cook the food, and do anything else that was needed to be done. Theses guys were great! They made everything so easy for everyone else. It was just unreal on how nice it was to have them there. Thanks guys. Steve Vick, Thanks for all you did to furnish us with a place to hold the gathering at. Four ramps sure made it easy to get all the boats in and lots of docks and room for everything to take place in. Not to mention all the hard work you put in. And Thanks to James and Steve H. , owners of EFN, and Hawger- EFN Director,and Smitty Assistant EFN Director for putting this all together so these great kids could have a day they won’t forget. Thanks to everyone. I can’t wait til next year. It was great seeing all our new friends and making many more new friends this weekend. Thanks, Bill and Nate Cadwell

Bill Cadwell
    EFN Pro Staff
    [email protected]

Anonymous

Hey, Bill,
    It was a pleasure to meet you. Please pardon my rather quiet behavior on Saturday by the way. I talk better in a boat. But hopefully, I’ll see you on the river in the future.

The whole event was fabulous. Looking forward to next year.

Mike

Anonymous

Yes,

It was a great event on Friday. I had a ball with Evan and his big Lance. They were a joy to have in the boat. Evan walked away with a tackle box full of goodies and a rod and reel combo. See attached photo of Lance and Evan with one of the several walleyes caught on Friday.

Thanks again to all the sponsers to this event. Like everyone mentioned already, the smiles on the kids faces was worth every penny and I am looking forward to it next year.

Thank you BB/BS for letting EFN be a part of your day. I know I had all the pleasure of great company that day.

Anonymous

Great meeting you too Mike and great seeing all of you guys. We are lucky to have such a great bunch of guys in EFN. Can’t wait until the next time we all get together. The time just goes too darn fast. Bill

Anonymous

Thanks for posting this on FTL Bill. My Smallie got edged out by 0.1 ounces by a Largemouth for 1st place but I caught mine from shore!(due to crashing my boat ) see attach.
    I had a wonderful time and it was great to meet everyone face to face. Can’t wait until next year.(I’ll be more careful when the BIG boats come by).

I’ll let everyone know about my boat in a couple of days.

Anonymous

Hey, Tom,
    I was really pretty much in shock over your boat. Did a similar thing to mine although not quite as badly, the first time I put in this spring. Managed to get hung up on the dock and went right across a big corner while trying to get away from it in a high wind and high current. This river thing is really different. It’s taken months to learn what goes where.

Hopefully, you can get it fixed and get back to new again. I cringe every time I see you hit (in my mind anyway).

By the way, I drive through your neck of the woods on the way to Houghton once or twice a year. Be happy to buy you a cup of coffee next time we go up.

Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.