MUSKIES!!!!

• Anonymous

Just got back from a week of Muskie Fishing on the Indian lake chain north of Vermilion Bay, Canada. Our group of 4 caught 49 muskies, largest being 41″. A legal fish is 36″, and we had 15 fish over this length. Weather was consistent, warm/hot, south/southeast wind. Bucktails caught the most fish, but the largest fish was caught on a, what else, REEFHAWG. The other larger fish were caught on BULLDAWGS. Whoever designed this BULL DAWG Lure was thinking about future sales, as this is a one fish, at most two fish lure. The muskies absolutely mulched this lure, and as soon as the tail is gone, all you have is a hunk of rubber!! Anyway, we saw a couple of fish in the 45-48 inch range, and had a lot of action. Beats working!!

MuskyMidget
    White Bear Lake, MN

Reefhawg:

Congrats on all your muskies up north.

I use Bulldawgs alot. They are my most consistent producing lure year after year.

You are right to a certain extent about their durability. Sometimes a little pike can ruin the lure.

However, depending on how they are hooked, I have caught a handful of muskies on 1 bulldawg that stood up to more than 1 fish.

Usually, the fish engulf the lure from behind and you’re right, the lure is done since it is half way down their throat and requires sugery to get it out.

Although, I am not going to complain. For the amount of time spent on the water, I can handle spending another $10 if that is what it takes to catch those stupid fish

Anonymous

Reefhawg, Right up the road from the Indian Chain are two of my favorite musky lakes. Canyon and Corner. you should try them both next time to you are up that way. Canyon has bigger fish than the others and though it is very clear water the fish act like stained water fish. Hungry and willing to come out and play.
    Chris Beeksma

Anonymous

Thanks! We’ll keep that in mind, are there places to stay on these two lakes or are they lakes you just launch into? Are they more rock structure or do they have weed beds? Thanks again for the Tip!!

Anonymous

I am not sure of lodging on Corner but I know there are at least 2 places on Canyon. I always stay at Andy Myers lodge on Eagle on Vermillion bay. Great lodge and than you can always fish the big girls of Eagle. Both Corner and Canyon have rocks and weeds. Also Canyon is quite clear and easy to figure out where to fish. Corner is alot of stained shoreline fishing. Both are definitely worth a try.
    Chris Beeksma

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.