Boat fire on Pool 2

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

There was a decent sized boat fire on pool 2 today, right around the High Bridge today,

Most importantly it appears that the occupants did get off the boat, they were rescued by another boat, though I didn’t witness the feat I was told by others. By the time I actually got out there to see the fire, it was roaring pretty good, I only had my camera phone to take pics with, it was a pretty impressive fire.

I pics took no less about 45 minutes ago.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Sorry pics are in no particular order

nick
    Lakeville, MN

another pic

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Last pic, the boat appeared to be a cruiser type, inboard, older, nothing too fancy, but appears from what I could tell initally to be in decent shape.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nick, did the fire start in the front of the boat…or was that the last part of the fire they put out?

Amazing “caught on cell phone” pictures!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Just saw it on the news. IDA scooped the major networks!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was just noticing…no..it can’t be! Does lutefisk catch on fire?

I’m calling Putz to see if he’s ok.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

If that is the case, they better not spray water on it!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

It did appear that the most intense part of the fire was in the front of the boat, It was interesting to watch them fight the fire, really the fire boat was for the most part trying to push the boat towards the shore, I didn’t actually take and pics of the boat up against the shore, we were actually very close to the boat when they pushed it in. We were trying to not get yelled at by the fire department. They actually put most of the fire out with a fire truck from the shore, then they towed the boat across to the otehr side of the river, where it started burning again. All in all it was pretty neat to watch the whole thing take place.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.