Shakespere rod

• Anonymous

Has anyone ever had a rod “twist”on them in the heat of the day? Mine did exactly that,While it was sitting in the boat this last weekend while docked and I was cooling off. Maybe i should’ve taken the rod with me too. Should I even bother trying to get ahold of Shakespere to let them know what happened?

Anonymous

What model Shakespeare was it? Some models are so cheap to buy that it’d cost more to ship and interact with the company than just buying a new one. And no, I’ve never had that happen and I’ve owned MANY rods of all values and manufacturers.

Anonymous

You’re right, I think I’ll just buy me a new one. Was’nt all that expensive i don’t think.Just weird how it looks.Thanks

Anonymous

You might just email them and let them know – I’ve heard nothing but good things about Shakespeare and maybe they’d make thing right. If nothing else, they’d probably want to know about it. If I made something and sold it to the public, you can bet I’d want to know about any problems.

Anonymous

I agree! Better yet, send them a hand written note saying the same thing as your original post. Suggest they replace it rather than sending the old one back. I’d bet they would do something for ya.

Try and let us know what happens.

J.

Anonymous

Side note, I bought one Shakespeare rod 20 years ago and still have it. Up until 7 years ago or so it was my main walleye rod. $19.99 Shakespeare Boron rod.

I had it out last weekend when I had a guest in my boat. Still works!

Anonymous

Dave,

I’m from the post Boron era, but you wouldn’t believe how many guys come into Gander and ask for a boron rod.

As for the Shakespeare, I would at least email the company. Worst they can say is no. I would also try the retail store where you bought it. Worst case, they say no replacement. I might consider an upgrade though since this particular make/model make be somewhat faulty.

Good Luck, let us know the outcome.

Anonymous

Chappy- You are suppose to take the fish off the hook, that way it will not be attached to the rod when you toss it in the deep fryer. What was the temp of the oil when the rod started twisting?
    Let me know when you fish Ceder again.

Anonymous

DMAN, It takes a special kind of cooker to heat them babies up,taste like crap but hey do’nt hurt to try. The side compartment inside of it was blistering hot,could’nt even touch the aluminum on the back of the cover,The rod was laying on top of it.

Anonymous

He got the post wrong, it was Chappy that got twisted! Ask him about his 5th wheel and his truck!!!
    How come we have not heard about that one yet on the forum?????? I’ll give you 3 hours, or I am posting about it!!!! LOL!
    Tuck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.